Closer (In More Ways Than One)

"Wait." Marshall said, twisting my body around. I was soon facing him and before I knew it, my face was in his chest, his arms around me.

A hug.

Marshall was never the sensitive type. In fact, Marshall was never one for emotional touching at all. Yes, when flying he has to hold me. When we travel he has to hold me. But this, was not for any reason but to hug me. To show me that he cared.

I took in a long smell of his strawberry-wood sent, leaving me with a smile on my face. I wrapped my own arms around his torso, pulling him closer into me. I could tell he was a little uncomfortable with these types of things but after a few seconds his body became relaxed.

My head pounded, making me remember my injuries and the blood in which I needed to keep away from Marsh.

"Listen." he whispered, his mouth leaning down to barely touch the top of my ear. He was always taller than me, even when he wasn't floating.

He was about to speak but he quickly snapped his mouth shut, pushing his arms out so that his body was now pushed away from mine. My eyebrows raised and my feet were unsteady as I stood in front of him.

"What?" I whispered back, eyeing the guards which were close by.

"Nothing, just try not to die, okay?"

"No promises." I stated with a smile, turning around and pulling on the door knob, stepping inside the room.

It wasn't beautiful, and it defiantly was not as precise as Gumball's castle but, the room was big. Two open windows let in a nice,(now evening) breeze, blowing small strands of hair into my face.

I stood still in the middle of the room as I heard the door click shut behind me. One guard stood behind who I assumed was Lynden, who was sitting at a desk in the upper half of the room.

"Hello." he said, standing up and holding out his hand, which I feared was filled with splinters. I stepped closer anyway, taking his hand in mine and firmly shaking it.

"You must be Lynden." I said, sitting down in the seat he gestured me towards.

"Right. Sorry about all of this confusion," he started, rubbing his eyes tiredly, "I did not know a vampire would be escorting you, much less The Vampire King." He said, placing much emphasis on 'vampire'.

"Why is that a problem?" I asked, shifting in my seat slightly.

"Well, long story short they destroyed many of us in past years. As did humans." he cleared his throat, keeping his eyes on me as he spoke.

"So you don't think you could defeat Marshall Lee?" I asked, intrigued. I defiantly didn't know Marshall had this effect on people. The candy people were a different story, these were trees; large trees.

Scared trees, I laughed mentally.

"I know we can." he stated quickly, "and I know for sure we can defeat one petty human."

"I don't think Gumball would like you calling his hero petty." I stated, looking around the room, unamused.

"Right. Well then, let's get down to business. I heard you need a RS-25 engine and a fuel tank, is that correct?"

I nodded my head, remembering the odd sounding names Gumball had made me promise to remember.

Soon we were discussing the use for our space ship and other things, agreeing on one thing.

It was decided the tree people could use the space ship at any time they needed or wanted to and a contract was signed to prove it.

It felt like hours that passed by until finally I looked back out of the window, only to discover the sky almost pitch black, but enlightened by stars.