Normal Girls

Most of the girls in Aaa don't appreciate, to say it nicely, how much time I spend with my guy friends. Many times I've been told that girls aren't suppose to wear their guy friends pj, or fall asleep in their arms watching movies all night, or even still be friends with them after I've dated and dumped (or been dumped by) them.

But I do.

And I've never really let anything bother me because man, I'm just learning my way around Aaa, trying to be as open as possible.

At times I think it does get a little out of hand,(the fact that me and Marshall kissed because of a dare... Yes I'm still not completely over that.. We need to talk about it soon or I think I just might blow up with emotion) but I've never been one to get all dirty and seductive.

Not intentionally, at least.

So I've never listened to the snoody candy girls, ones that are much prettier than me I have to admit, but ones that Marshall would defiantly never lay a finger on.

But, even after knowing in my heart that nothing sexual is going on between me and my friends, I can't help but fight tears back as Cake explains to me after all these years, I can't be 'one of the guys' anymore.

***

I had awaken that morning to a terrible nightmare which I try hard to remember but can't, as usual.

I huff out a quiet laugh as I calm down and notice Marsh's arm tightly gripped to my waist, pulling me closer to him. His woodsy sent attacks my nose and allows me to calm even further, my breathing normal and my eyes dry, until I realize my arms snuck their way across his body and my head laid itself on his chest.

I listened to Marshall's breathing and noticed his breath hitched, body stiffening. I immediately close my eyes to get him to believe I've been asleep and that our bodies were unintentionally placed this way, together.

I feel his gaze on me and it becomes harder to keep my eyes from fluttering open. I feel a soft chuckle arise from Marshall's chest.

"Fi, I know you're awake." His voice was low and instantly made my heart beat faster.

I popped one eye open and saw his chocolate brown orbs staring into mine, forcing my other one to open as well.

"I was cold." I lied, stretching my arms away from his body. I knew I wouldn't win in this battle and my cheeks immediately became flushed.

"Oh Glob Fi, you're such a dork." he said, keeping his gaze on me. I felt my body heat up and stiffen as well.

"You're in love with me, just admit it already, Fi. W-."

Before I knew what was going on the front door, feet away from our entangled bodies, flew open and in burst none other than my sister.

"Fionna~" she rang happily, setting her bags on the floor. She looked around, her eyes dropping to the ground and the little scene that was me and the Vampire King.

Before I could stop her Marshall was out the door, still wearing my shirt I had lent him(and his boxers) and rushing home under his umbrella.

I'll return his clothes later, when I tell him off for saying I'm "in love" with him, yet again.

Cake sat on the couch beside me, I anxiously awaiting the words she had for me. She had always been the one to say it was good that I had so many guy friends. She would always tell me it was good that I'm so close to people who never open up to anyone. She always said it was good to not be around girls all of the time, and good that I found a bunch of guys to treat me with respect.