The Embarrassing Moments Bring Us Closer Part 2

For an hour or two I lay there silently thinking and watching the stars glisten.

"Can't sleep Fi?" Marshall whispered, startling me from my thoughts.

I looked up at him, his face forming into a smirk and for a moment I forgot he could see in the dark. I gave him a glare before turning away from his eyes.

"N-no, just thinking." I whispered.

"About what?"

"I don't know, everything I guess." I stated with a sigh.

I had been thinking about my birthday and how I'd only be spending it with Marshall due to the fact we'd still be on our trip. I was thinking about the kiss we had before and our almost-kiss. About Gumball and how stupid I used to be. About Flame and why he dumped me.

"You shouldn't think so much. It'll hurt you."

I exhaled sharply. "It already has."
His eyebrows scrunched and he shuffled, his body facing me and his head propped on his hand.

"Fi-"

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to say it like that, just you know, when I think about junk for too long I just get confused and weird."

"I know Fi." he whispered, moving his head closer to mine. "You don't need to worry yourself over everything, especially if you're thinking about the Flaming Idiot. If you ever wanna talk just talk to me, I'm not going anywhere."

My body froze but I let out a chuckle. "I wouldn't let you leave if you wanted to." I whispered, leaning in further.

Quickly, before his lips could merge onto mine, I kissed his cheek, more like the corner of his mouth, and quickly laid my head back down, looking up into the sparkling sky, a smirk wide on my face.

His breathing became stifled and he sat still for a moment, comprehending what I did. He soon laid down again, a blank expression present on his face but his eyes wide.

Was he surprised?

He fixed the blanket and wrapped his arms around me, showering me in warmth, even though his skin was cold as ice, something I've never been quite able to understand.

"Goodnight Marsh."

He placed a kiss on my forehead, running his fingers through my hair.

"Goodnight Fi."

I would usually punch him for placing his lips anywhere near me, much less on my face but tonight, just this once, I let it slide and I think he was surprised about that too.

Man, I'm on a roll with the surprises.

I soon fell asleep next to the snoring King, whose snoring I never truly minded.