Memories of Blue

MARSHALL POV

I remember it being a rainy day, mid November. That month is one of my favorites, October being a close second and December in third. It's because during these months, everything seems to be falling. The leaves in October, the rain in November, the snow flakes in December. With all these beautiful pieces of nature falling around me, I just happen to forget about my own crumbling life-even if it is just for a few minutes.

But one thing was not falling that November day as I moped around in the afternoon wind, my umbrella shielding me from both the rhythm of the pounding rain and the sun that was mostly hidden behind grey clouds, but dangerous nonetheless.

What caught my attention was the fact that a single figure was alone, like me, out in this dreary, thought-provoking weather.

While every other little candy person was packed tightly away in their soggy houses, there was one who, like me, dared to be the only one enjoying the cold droplets of water.

I walked closer, and as my eyes scanned over the figure I noticed it was a girl-one that looked different from any candy person I had ever seen.

Her golden hair reflected just right in the rain and sun, forcing my eyes to enjoy the sight. I stopped my floating, my feet plopping to the ground-a small splash of water wetting my shoes and ends of my pants.

She was holding no umbrella or protection of any kind. She was just standing there, upon the hill of grass.

What an idiot.

Her eyes were closed, a small smile playing at those slightly parted lips as her head tilted up to the sky. Her arms wobbled by her sides, the palm of her hands facing the clouds as the water danced over them.

I stood standing there, watching the unfamiliar figure for what seemed like mere seconds, but the girl-Fionna, would later tell me it was more than ten minutes. Because yes, all this time she knew I was here, watching the rain. No, watching her and the way she seemed to love the falling water just as much as me.

Finally, she sneezed. It wasn't too loud and if my ears were human, the small sound would have been drowned out by the beautiful pitter-pattering around us. The gesture made her finally open her eyes, seemingly tearing her away from the world she was quietly dreaming up in her mind.

And I really fucking wished I knew what she was thinking.

Her eyes met mine as she looked up from the ground, widening those blue pupils in horror, terror, awe, or happiness- I couldn't tell. But widen they did, and unlike every other blue in the world, this color wasn't dull.

The color of her eyes was something that made me want to hate the rain. I wanted to hate the sky as well, for the simple fact that all these years-all this time-I believed the sky to be the most beautiful blue.

But no, when I looked into those two small pupils- I'd have to say those are the most beautiful blue.

"Hey, are you here to fight me?" she asked, a proud smile replacing the calm one that was on her lips moments ago. Her hands reached her hips as she stood cockily, her body not completely facing mine, but turned towards me just slightly.

Wait, fight? Was this girl fucking stupid? Scratch that, she was obviously stupid-she was standing in the rain for fucks sake.

"Do you wanna fight?" I asked, because I was an idiot as well and what else was I supposed to say?

"A-are you a human, too?" she steered from my question, raising a single brow at me before wiping her nose and coming closer. I let out a chuckle that seemed more like a breathy sigh. She really was naive, wasn't she?

All the humans were dead.

Didn't she know? Where had she been all this time? What type of creature is she, anyway? Instead of a colored tint to the skin of a normal candy person, her's was a peachy color that basked in the small amount of sunlight provided.

Did Gumball create her to fulfil some of his sick fantasies?

Hah, probably.

"Are you fucking kidding? There are no humans, idiot."

She scrunched her eyebrows in a look of both disgust and confusion. Noticing that she was still in the rain, and I was not, she decided to let herself under my black umbrella, squeezing next to me as her wet pointer finger nodded itself in my face.

"There's three things wrong with that sentence." she mumbled, her hot breath tickling my neck, as she tried to connect her eyes to mine, but couldn't completely do so without standing back and leaving the dryness of the umbrella. I lifted my eyebrows in a facade of wonder, urging her to continue.

"One. I'm not an idiot. I'm Fionna." I chuckled in response, her eyes narrowing in a dangerous glare before she continued. "Two. What does 'fucking' mean?"

I couldn't help what I did next.

With a quick widen of my eyes I didn't chuckle, or smirk, or sigh- no, I laughed. It was loud and abnormal and Fionna winced at the volume, being that her body was so uncomfortably close to mine.

Which reminded me-why was I allowing her to be so close to me in the first place? With any other person- had they been wet and shivering, or just a person in general, I definitely would not have welcomed them anywhere near my body-never mind sharing the same umbrella.

But I guess she was different.

I used my free hand to cover my mouth, concealing my fangs but apparently not in time. It's not like I really had to hide them, though.

"Woah, woah, woah, hey!" as my chuckling died down, Fionna took it upon herself to touch me. She lifted my hand from my mouth, my eyebrows scrunching and face frozen in shock as she parted my lips and inspected my pearly whites with her grimy, blood smelling, fingers.

Wait, blood smelling?

I quickly plucked my own fingers around her wrist moving her roaming digits away from my mouth, and in front of my eyes instead. There was no blood on them though, no cuts, no scrapes, no nothing.

I hadn't smelt this scent in a long time..

"You're a human?" I asked, her response only another question.

"You're a werewolf!?"

"Wait, what the fuck?"

In the end, we never did end up having our fight. Instead, I dragged her to her house as she pointed me in the correct direction. I would have taken her to mine but 'I can't just go with some stranger' was a pretty good excuse, if you ask me. I didn't come inside the tall tree that used to be mine, and I didn't even tell the blonde that the house used to belong to me.

No, with one last look at those rosy lips and sky-shaming eyes, I turned around and left.

It was then that I realized that she never said the third thing 'wrong with my sentence.' I suppose though, it was the fact I had said "there are no humans", when clearly the blonde was one herself.

Yet, I simply left. Only to bump into her again the next day while the rain was pouring and my thoughts were as jumbled as the mud puddles splayed across the ground.

I left, only to share that small, black umbrella once again.

A/N

if you couldn't tell, this was a filler chapter

sorry, but i needed a break from all the sad thoughts and writing

will publish real chapter later today but i wrote this (and thought about expanding it and making it a one shot but was too lazy) and thought you'd all enjoy it~

+song is good-its the opening of Fruits Basket, haha i love it

+marsh is secretly a hopeless romantic

+fi is just clueless, even now that she's older

thanks for reading,

non edited,

love you,

xoxo