Release or Escape?

"Freedom is as death is, they're both two sides of the same coin..."

-AOT OST(wings of freedom)

I would never confess my feelings of love to someone I don't truly feel that way about. The fact that it was Gumball made me even more nauseous at the thought of doing so.

That's why I stood standing alone in my room, hands balled in fists and angry beyond belief. I knew the first thing the wad of gum was going to do was tell Magic Woman.

The best thing that could happen was that, due to the fact we had 'worked together' before, she would go easy on me and decide to hurt Gumball instead. Knowing her temper though, she'd probably hurt both of us without batting an eyelash.

It was around 5:20 now. Cake had gone home for the day hours ago, Marshall was to return who knows when, and I was left here alone after having my life threatened. It's not a nice feeling.

The pit of my stomach bubbled in anticipation; the bad kind. I had no idea when Gumball would spill the news to Magic Woman, but knowing him it would probably be at the last possible minute. He's smart enough to know the risks of telling her, especially by himself.

She could easily 'off' him anytime and anywhere and we all knew it.

If he waited long enough, my one month long stay here would be over by then. I only had a few days left, after all.

I unclenched my fists and ran my hands through my hair, a million thoughts buzzing through my brain.

I decided I wouldn't tell Cake about the current situation when she came to visit tomorrow, or any day after that. When the day finally came that I should be released, I would leave before visiting hours and head to Marshall Lee's house.

I doubted Magic Woman knew where he lived and even if she did, she wouldn't suspect his house firstly. She would check the treehouse- which, even though I wont be going there, I should warn Cake to stay at Lord M's for that night, being that I didn't want Magic Woman to hurt either of them in the process of trying to find me.

I sighed and plopped myself on top of the extra large bed, ready for my day of leave to finally arrive.

*

I hadn't been able to sleep all night, so when the very first sign of light appeared out of the window, I jumped out of bed. It was early in the morning, 5:30, according to my clock.

I rubbed the sleep away from my eyes before dressing myself as quickly as possible, gathering up all of my things in the process. I shoved every piece of clothing into the bag I had brought it in, along with the extra things like a toothbrush and toothpaste.

Today was the day I was free. Well, free from the castle at least.

I slung the bag over my shoulder, taking a deep breath before facing the door. I was going to have to do this fast if I didn't want to be stopped and questioned.

I looked around quickly once more, scanning the room for any items I might have left behind. When I was sure I had everything, even double checking my hand for the ring Marsh had given to me, I let a smile cross my face.

In one swift motion I ran at the door, kicking it with my left foot and sending it flying onto the hallway wall. As soon as that was done, I ran like my life depended on it.

A few candy people peeked their heads out of a room every so often but none dared to bother me.

In my field of vision was now the grand stairs that led down to the front palace doors. Down these and the only thing left to do was make it to the vampire demon's house before Gumball caught wind that I was gone.

A laugh bubbled up from my throat and I couldn't help but let it out. I held onto the handrail as I sprinted down the steps, looking around at the dumbfounded guards with a probably crazy smile on my face.

I huffed out a breath as I reached the last step, jumping down onto the floor before adjusting the bag on my shoulder and heading straight towards the door.

A banana guard opened his mouth to speak to me but I didn't acknowledge him in the least. My eyes, thoughts, everything was on getting past that stupid door that a few months ago I would have given anything to be in front of. Well, not anything but-.

I pushed with all my force and was instantly bombarded with the chilly morning wind blowing against my body. I wasted no time and began running again, headed nowhere else but Marshall's.

My breath came out in smoke like puffs, each inhaling of air piercing my lungs with it's bitter cold. I didn't mind though. I kept running. Before I knew it I was running past the treehouse and I assumed it was at least 6:00 by now. I had nothing to worry about though, Cake never wakes up that early.

In no time I could see the vampire demon's house in a distance that seemed short from mine. The smile I had placed on my face grew even bigger at the sight of it. I knew I looked a psychotic mess but hey, I didn't care one bit.

I ran faster than before, now that my target was finally in sight. A few gasps for air later and I was standing directly in front of my hideout. Of course, I knew he wasn't going to leave his door unlocked, so I simply had to make it unlocked.

I didn't want to kick it open, that way it would be obvious to anyone who came looking here that someone had broken in. I looked up at the sky, noticing that it had became darker even though the sun should be rising.

Dark clouds surrounded the glowing orb, making me let out a sigh. I sniffed the air, smelling the rain which was about to pour down. I pulled a pin out of my bangs, making some of them fall partly in my face.

With my teeth I bent the pin a small amount before sticking it in the keyhole and jiggling it around, looking for the right spot. Finally I hit it, a click quietly coming from the knob, allowing me to turn it freely.

I opened the door, taking the pin out of the keyhole and stuffing it into my pocket for possible use later. I attempted to brush my bangs behind my ear, which worked for the most part.

I closed the door behind me just as I noticed it started to sprinkle. The soft drips of rain were the only sound, other than my feet creaking on the floor, and my hand brushing against the wall looking for a lightswitch.

"Ah." I murmured to myself as the feeling of plastic grazed my fingertips. I flicked it up, resulting in bright light to emit all around the living room. I quickly tried to locate a lamp to turn on instead of the large light, being that it was a dead give away.

A desk sat in front of Marshall's absurdly uncomfortable couch, and on it were scattered pieces of sheet music and envelopes I didn't bother to read. I was focused in on the lamp that was half buried underneath all of these papers.

I plopped my bag down on the ground beside the door before quickly making my way over to the lamp, sliding papers away from it so that I could find the on switch. I finally did, but not before finding something of interest.

An envelope addressed to me.

A/N

double post because i felt inspired today, even though ive been getting less reads than usual

hope you liked it and have a good monday tomorrow

unedited, like always

thanks for reading

until next time,

xoxo