Knock Knock

The sun had risen by now, illuminating the room, though it was slightly darkened due to the cloud coverage. The rain still pounded heavily against the roof, the windows, and the house in general, though there was still a distinct sound that came from the front door.

Could it be Marshall? Though, why would he be knocking on his own house? If he had lost his key then couldn't he have transported himself inside from the Nightosphere? Still, even with all these odds against me, I wanted to open the door.

I pushed myself off of the ground, my feet wobbling slightly as I faced the door. Maybe he knew I was here and he wanted to surprise me?

Maybe though, it wasn't him at all. Could Gumball be so quick as to be finished searching the other possible places I could be? Could it be Gumball, holding out handcuffs just for me?

The longer I racked my brain for answers, the louder the pounding on the door became until finally, it was completely louder than the rain. Impossible as it may seem, it was deafening. Inhuman.

I reached for the my birthday sword, who, on the walk over here, I had decided to call Donald, pulling it from the waistband of my shorts and out from under my shirt. The blade was warm from constantly being held next to my flesh and when removed, left a disturbingly empty feeling.

I didn't dare look out of one of the many windows beside the door, in fear of whoever it was seeing me. They didn't know if I was in here for sure or not, so as long as I let out no sound and stayed per-

My feet managed to trip over themselves, creating a loud thud as I stumbled onto the ground, my sword clacking out of my hand and to the ground right in front of the door. As luck would have it, the person on the other side noticed this racket and decided they had had enough of waiting.

With a small click, I watched as the lock on Marshall's door twisted itself so that it was now unlocked. If they could do that in the first place - why wait for me to open the door?

The air had been knocked out of my lungs and just as I tried to reach for my sword, my only defense, the door opened, knocking Donald in between the open door and wall. It was completely out of my reach.

Even though Marshall's house was partially in a cave, yes, rain can change directions, and it was pouring almost as heavily as it was outside the cave. The open door allowed the rain mist to spread against my face, refilling my lungs with much needed oxygen.

I looked up, squinting slightly to adjust my eyes to the bright light and dark figure blocking some of it.

"Greetings, Fionna." a feminine voice called, alerting me instantly it was Magic Woman. The way in which she spoke my name was laced with threats, ones she intended to keep.

I bolted from my vulnerable spot on the carpeted floor, keeping my eyes locked on the figure before me.

"Say, Fionna, question. Would you ever break a promise?"

"H-huh? Of course not!" I yelled, slightly taken back by the question. She hadn't been overly aggressive yet. Did she even know about Gumball's plan to stop building the spaceship?

I continued to hold my arms and hands in a defensive position, glancing ever so slightly at the space in which my sword was wedged between.

"Good girl. Yes, well let us make this easy then, okay? It appears that Marshall Vampire Lee," she spoke, stepping into said vampire demons house and shutting the door behind her with a click, "has broken a promise. That's not okay is it?"

"W-well..." I begun, backing away from the woman as her footsteps grew nearer.

"No. It's not okay. So be a good girl and die, alright?" The way in which she spoke annoyed me yet sent shivers down my spine all at the same time.