Waking Up

My head begun to ache along with my stomach as I watched the scene play out in front of me. I saw Marshall's face as he walked towards me, Gumball and Magic Woman now out of sight.

"M-Marshall I don't feel too good." I stumbled out. He sprinted towards me just as my knees weakened. My vision begun to blur and my whole body felt warmer than usual.

"Fi?"

I woke up and fluttered my eyes open. My brain pounded with a strong force on either sides of my head. I let out a small groan of pain, my eyes squeezing tightly together to shut out the light that rained down on them.

"Fi?" a deep voice whispered. I recognized it from anywhere.

I sat up and noticed light pouring in through the window. "M-Marsh where a-are you?" My voice cracked.

"In the corner, Fi. There's too much li-"

I knew what he was going to say and before he could finish his sentence my feet hit the icy floor. I drug the beeping  machine connected to my wrist around the bed. I leaned towards the window and blocked out Marshall's noise, (his constant nagging of me being out of the bed) shutting the blinds and connecting the curtains, instantly darkening the room. My eyes were blind but I soon felt Marshall's guiding hand on my waist, leading back into bed.

"It's nice to see you awake, Fi." he said, giving me a kiss on the forehead. My face grew warm and I closed my eyes, a content sigh escaping my lips.

His kiss felt right.

"You need to eat now." he mumbled, taking his lips away from my skin. The spark left my heart and confusion filled it.

"How long have I been out?" I asked, now suddenly hungry.

"Fi.. it's been a few weeks." He said slowly and unsurely.

I quickly sat up, my heart beating fast. "W-what? No that can't be I was j-"

"Fi?"

"What?" I croaked, now feeling guilty, depressed, and empty.

"I'm kidding. Its been a day." He chuckled, hugging me tenderly. "Don't get so worked up."

My body was rigid and my breath came in quick puffs. A rush of anger passed through me before I finally relaxed into his arms. Marshall would be Marshall, no matter the situation. I gave the idiot a punch on the back while his arms were still around me. I missed him. Even the parts of him that made me want to pull my hair out. I missed. A single tear slid down my face in the dark room but Marshall seemed to notice right away. He pulled away from the hug and I could feel his eyes burning through me. He moved his thumb over the tear, removing it from my face.

"I missed you, Fi." he murmured.

"I missed you too."

"I was really worried, Fi. I'm so sorry." He sighed.

"Don't be." I smiled, cupping my hands to his face. My heart raced erratically in my chest but I chuckled softly nonetheless. My head leaned upwards towards his, my lips hovering just above where I felt his were placed. I felt his lips part slightly as my mouth was now centimeters away from his.

Just as I felt Marshall's breath upon my lips I whispered: "Now let's go tell Gumball I'm awake, he'll want to know." I smiled even wider, as I pulled my lips away from the small space that separated Marshall and I.

I removed my hands from his face as he sighed: “Glob, Fionna."  

"Turn the light on." I giggled. The weight he made on the bed was released and suddenly I could see again. Marshall stood in front of me with a smirk on his face, as usual. No denying, he looked terrible. Marshall’s usual messy hair was more scattered and tangled than normal, his face looking fatigued and a paler green than usual. I pulled the needle out of my wrist, being careful not to rip the vein it was attached to.