Plans

"That's right." said Gumball, standing up to face me. I had just left Marshall's and he tagged along with me.

"But- I-I can't leave fo-for two months b-by myself-f, Gum." I cracked out, tears beginning to line my eyes. I knew Cake wouldn't be able to come along with me on this trip, her due date was days away.

"Why can't you go?" Marshall snapped at Gumball from behind me. My body stiffened and I inhaled deeply.

I couldn't cry.

I felt a cold hand touch my back and I was suddenly pushed to my side, being cradled into a side hug.

"I can't go! I have to protect my kingdom!"

Marshall scoffed. "Protect? That's what this girl does." he said, nodding his head towards me. "All you do is sit and bake."

"I have my own matters that I attend to outside of the public eye." Gumball said, smoothing his hair.

Marsh walked in front of me, closer to Gumball's face. I turned around, not wanting to see the fear in my (long ago crushes) friends face.

I used to think I was in love with him.

Now I couldn't stand the sight of him for more than a few hours.

But I was trusting my life to him.

And that's something I wasn't sure about doing, at all.

**

Gumball told me I needed to help him retrieve a part he needed for the spaceship. A part that was away in a nearby(but still long ways away) kingdom, a part of Aaa that took a month to get to, and a month to get back.

I had to leave as soon as possible.

By myself.

Cake was already laid up in the hospital, being attended to. Her kittens were to come any day now, and I would miss their birth.

Her and I still weren't on good terms.

I was suddenly snapped back into reality as I heard my name.

"Fi?" Asked Marshall, looking back at me. I shuffled my eyes to Gumball whose face was bright pink.

"Hmm?"

"What do you say?"

"What?"

"Do you want me to come with you?"

I inhaled sharply, letting out a deep breath.

"Yes please." I croaked out, my voice shaking. My lips pursed as I tried to hold back happy tears. I ran towards the two boys, jumping onto Marshall, hugging him tightly, my legs around his waist.

"Thank you. Thankyouthankyohthankyou." I whispered quietly, a huge relieve tumbling off of my shoulders. At least I would have a friend with me.

Not just a friend.

... A best friend.

"Woah, woah Fi. You okay?" he pulled away and looked into my orbs, cupping one of his hands into my face, the other holding my body up.

I couldn't speak, my throat had a thousand lumps in it, my stomach filled with butterflies. Suddenly, looking into Marshall's brown eyes, I seemed to melt right then and there in his arms.

I smiled but before I could speak, I realized Gumball was standing in front of us as he cleared his throat. I turned my head to look at him and a blush quickly rose to my cheeks.

I cleared my throat and sniffed a bit, letting myself off of Marshy's body, standing myself back onto the floor.

"I'm great." I said, giving a smile.

**

Gumball discussed the route, the distance, the supplies we'd need, and everything else we could possibly ask. He gave me multiple raised eyebrows when he would catch Marshall staring at me(which I knew he was doing) or when I would stare back at Marshall.

I don't know what it is, but every since we'd started talking again he's seemed different.

Maybe it's just me.

Stupid 'hormones'.

That's what Cake calls them.

Cake.

I need to talk to her.

Gum said we would have to pack and leave tonight around midnight.

Everything was happening so fast but it was the only way.

Just as Marshall and I were about to walk out of the door, he called once more.

"Oh, Marshall."

Marsh's head snapped around, scowling.

"Go to Choose Goose before you leave and tell him you want the Abrehent Potion... and that Gumball sent you. He'll know what you're talking about. Okay?"

Marsh huffed and turned back around to me, who had stopped to wait for him, and we continued walking out of the palace.

It was 5 hours until we had to leave.

Next stop, Choose Goose.