Schemes and Progress

"Let me go!" I yelled for the upteenth time, struggling against the magic bound ropes that attached me to the chair I was seated in.

"Baby, calm down." Cake stressed, looking around as Magic Woman began scurrying about.

"Marshall Vampire Lee! Did you lead her here? Close the door quickly make sure no one else saw! Hurry it up!" She turned her attention towards me quickly, pushing Cake away from me and leaning down to eye me face to face.

"Just how much did you hear, human?"

"Are you sure it's really Fionna? Not one of Gumball's spies?" Marshall asked, locking the door and turning to face us.

I scrunched my eyebrows in both shock and hurt- Marshall couldn't even tell that it's me? And why would Gumball have spies? Why are they talking to Magic Woman in the first place? Marshall I might be able to understand, but Cake too?

Right after I was found hiding behind the door, I was immediately tied up and here we are now. I have so many questions but I feel so hurt at the same time. The same woman who was basically threatening my life and Marsh's- they're working with her?

I didn't answer Magic Woman because honestly, I wasn't entirely sure what I had heard.

"Yeah, it's her for sure. She reeks of human." She answered, raising an eyebrow at me in disgust.

"At least I don't stink of garbage and sweaty feet, like you." I mumbled, chuckling slightly to myself as I looked away from her.

"Hey you lit-"

"Okay, everyone needs to calm down." Cake said quickly, squeezing herself in between the small space that separated Magic Woman and I.

Marshall now stood beside me, shoving Magic Woman back with his right hand and his left gripped the chair I sat in. She stumbled backwards a few feet before scoffing.

"Oh, I'm not going to do anything to her. At least, not right now. That wouldn't be very fun." she mused, wiping her shoulder where Marshall had touched her.

"Shut up. Now isn't the time for this you old hag." Marshall growled, his left knuckles growing white.

"Wait." I said, finally speaking, "Did you guys have something to do with Tate's death?" I asked, afraid of the answer. I grew even more fearful when my question was met with silence.

"Wow, so you can actually think." Magic Woman chuckled, twisting around her hands as she spoke. I looked up at Marshall for confirmation of the Tate news only to see him already looking at me, his eyes saying a thousand different words yet he never uttered a single one.

"Wh-"

"Honey, it's a really long story." Cake said, sensing Marshall's distress.

"Well I can't really go anywhere, can I?" I asked, louder than necessary. Marshall stepped away from me, combing his hair back with his fingers. Magic Woman shot me a dirty look as Cake began to untie me.

"Sorry," she whispered, "it was just for safety."

"Why would you be worried about your safety? You should be worried about Magic Woman! She's the on-"

"No, Fionna you don't get it!" Marshall exclaimed, turning around to face me once again. The ropes around me fell as I quickly stood up, clutching my fists at my sides.

"Then explain it to me already!" I yelled back, only earning a shaky sigh from Marsh.

"Go ahead and sit back down then, it's going to take more than a few seconds to explain." he said, breathing out his words as he spoke. I nodded and kicked the ropes away from around my feet and took my place back on the chair.