Chapter 36- Andrew

Start from the beginning

"How long was I out?" he croaked, squinting at the bright mid-morning light.

"Since last night, so not long," she said. "How are you feeling?"

He tried getting up and then plopped back down with a sigh, wincing in pain.

"Noted." She gave with a curt nod.

"What happened?"

"You got shot," she said more quietly.

Andrew braced himself for the pain and then sat up, leaning on the headrest. "I swear a bullet doesn't hurt this much."

"You were shot with the drug."

Irony at its finest, he thought.

"Bill gave you the antidote, so you should be fine."

"Good."

She nodded still not looking at him.

Andrew picked up a glass from the bedside table, taking in a long sip of water. "You know you can sit right?"

Cassandra did so without a complaint, careful not to disturb the sheets too much.

"Were you here the whole night?" he asked.

"No, I came back a few minutes ago."

He knew it was too good to be true. His mind must've been playing tricks on him. It showed him what he wanted to see. Cassandra didn't care enough to spend a night by his bedside.

She bit her lip, toying with a thread on the blankets. "Andrew?"

The vulnerability in her voice made his head snap to her. "Hm?"

"Would you please stop getting shot? It stresses me out."

He snorted, grabbing his ribs promptly. "Well if you don't like it..."

She gave a small smile. "I went to see Gomez this morning with Martina and Pablo."

Andrew's heart clenched at the notion he will need to get back on the comms soon. George must have heard about last night. But after getting shot and his team almost getting killed, as bad as it sounded, he wasn't sure if he wanted to continue helping him. Maya was like a second mother to Andrew and it would always be like that, but she made bad choices. Did Andrew have to make them too?

He flinched. What was he thinking? He couldn't let Maya die, not like that. He would find a way to keep them all safe. It's worked so far.

"We've got the drug and we need to head to Phi and regroup. Gomez gave me a device to track it, so we can get into Majesty's trail more easily." She straightened, a glimmer in her eye. "We've got her now and she won't know what's coming."

Andrew exhaled. It wouldn't be like that for long.

"Are you okay?"

He nodded. "Yeah, I just feel a bit disgusting."

"Well, you did sleep in bloody sheets, so I don't blame you. Want help?"

He shook his head, smirking. "I'll manage. When are we leaving?"

"You've got a few hours. We thought we'd go during the midday rush to blend in."

"I'm sure we'll do that just fine," he joked.

"And we're still waiting on Bill."

Andrew's brows shot up. "Where's he?"

"I know as much as you do. We fell out and he left."