I raised my hand as I moved it towards her face, very slowly. I wanted to feel her skin rub against the palm of my hand. My hand shook as it almost touched her face but I pulled it back.

I couldn't. Couldn't touch her now.

A tear escaped my eye and she moved once again but now her arm suddenly hung over my thigh, and on top of my hand which was kept across in my lap.

I shuddered internally as I looked down at her thin pretty fingers. The ring. The damn engagement ring. We made promises. Promises which we can no longer keep.

I didn't dare take my hand out from underneath and place it on top of hers. Just letting it be, I closed my eyes and didn't realize when I fell asleep.

***

I woke up to the sound of girls giggling and opened my eyes to find Nida completely laid across my lap. Her long hair over her face and my thighs.

I looked up at the girls in the front seat who winked at me. Giggling, they both sat back straight in her seat. Bitches.

I looked down at her and suddenly she began moving in my lap.

"Shehry...mat karo na. Kiyun..k..kiyun kar rahay ho aise. N..nahi. Nahi !!!"

I just froze in place, hearing the words that escaped her lips in her sleep. Was I...hurting her?

"Mama ! Mama !! Kia hua hai ?! Mama n...nahi chor ke jaayein mujhe...."

I was shocked. Tears constantly rolled off my eyes and fell in her hair. Her mom...Aunty. No. No. Ya Allah.

She shivered in my lap and drops of sweat began forming on her forehead. I nuddged her instantly trying to bring her back to consciousness.

"Nida. Nida get up. It's just a dream." I tried to wake her up before she reached the most painful part of her dream.

"Mama !!" She screamed all of a sudden, waking up and off me in extreme shock. Sweating, and tears dripping down her face, just the way mine were.

I hurriedly turned my face away and sweeped away my tears with my hands before she saw them.

I turned back and saw her looking at me in shock, unable to say anything as she sobbed, not being able to hold in her emotions.

I was about to pull her into my arms, but she had turned herself completely towards her window, giving me the hint that I was not needed. Not even one bit.

She just weeped silently against the window with her tears rolling down the window pane and I....I sat there, unable to do the least for her.

Nida's POV:

"Mama !!!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as I cried badly.

She...she was dying. Shehry was there at that time, but he....walked out on me. On mom and I. Leaving me helpless with her...as she took her last...

I cried silently as my head and heart both gave up on me. At the dream that I just had and at the fact that I had fallen asleep on him. I could feel all eyes on me and Shehry, as we just sat there in our own dilemmas.

I need to go back to mama. I can't leave her alone. No. I just can't. Just then my phone rang. It was her.

I hastily picked it up.

"Hello? Mama? Aa.. Aap theek hain na?" I stammered in fear.

"Haan beta mein bilkul theek hun. Kiyun, kia hua?" She asked growing concerned

"Kuch nahi. Kuch nahi. Mama mein...mein waapis aa rahi hun. Aaj raat ko." I told her.

"Nida betay ab kia hua hai? Nahi beta, please. I'm fine here. I have Sara with me. You will stay there the whole week okay? And have the time of your life. Understand?" She raised her voice slightly.