9: Saviour Or Tormentor

'Bring me to life-Evanescence' as song for this chapter.

Shehry's POV:

I arrived home back from school and saying my 'salaams', I headed up to my room. I laid in bed thinking about the swimming competition. Why did Nida skip swimming practice for the whole past week, and did Mr. Lee even notice her absence?

Her behaviour seemed to have changed ever since that day in French class. Looks like she really got offended when I was forced to say 'I love you' to her. But I did apologize (though it wasn't my fault) so she should've accepted it, at least. Sigh. Aik to in ladkiyon ke nakhray hi bohat hotay hain.

Day after tomorrow's the swimming race and I'm pretty excited. Mr. Lee's been complimenting my stamina and swimming skills over all other students, so I guess I'm pretty much ready for the race.

All of a sudden, Hussain barges into the room.

"Oye, I got a surprise for you." He winks.

I join my hands in front of him, as if begging, while I mouthed 'Nida'. I keep shaking my head.

"Abbay Nida nahi hai. Saans le." He laughs and moves aside and in came.... Oh my God!!!

"SHEHRYYY !!!!" She screamed as she jumped up to hug me.

"HAFSAAA !!!" I grinned ear to ear as I hugged the life out of her.

"Oh my God ! It's been so long yaar." She pulls away and smiles at me.

"I know ! Kahan marr gayi thi kamini." I punch her arm.

"O beghairat ! Pakistan mein hi thi, aur kahan jaana tha." She laughs and then turns away from me all of a sudden.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Manhoos aadmi, Pakistan aa ke chale bhi gaye. Itna nahi kiya ke apni bichri hui yaar ka maasoom sa chehra hi aa ke dekh loon." She says in a sad tone as she looked away from me.

"Maasoom chehra?" I snort, trying to control my laugh.

"I'm serious !" She glares at me.

I straighten myself and turn her towards me. "Sorry yaar, I was so wrapped up in shooting iDeewane, that's why I couldn't come meet you."

"Fine." She says, as she once again, turned away from me.

"Acha sorry na." I pull her into my arms and make a baby face at her.

She laughs. "Apology accepted." This dialogue of hers immediately reminded me of Nida and I unknowingly smiled. Oh damn !!

"Ayee hayee. This smile. Kia scene hai boss?!" She winks at me.

"What do you mean?" I pretended to look confused.

"Oh hello mister. 3 years since I haven't seen your bootha but that doesn't mean I forgot every inch of you. Chal bata, whaddup?" She smirks.

"Nothing's up Hafsa. Shut up !" I narrow my eyes.

"Pyaar ho gaya hai launday ko." Hussain winks at her, slumping down in the couch next to my bed.

I glared at him.

"Acha ?! To phir kab le kr aaoun baraat aapki?" She nudged me.

"Tu apni tension le. Shaadi waadi meray bas ki baat nahi."

"Mujhe bhi mil hi jaye ga." She squeals as if she was all set to get married tomorrow.

"Why do I feel you're already the captain of a whole cricket team and I don't even know about it?" I say with a look of horror on my face.