25: High On Love

"Kaun ho tum ?!" Dad spoke sternly, the second he saw Shehry. Shehry se ziada to mujhe heart attack aaya hua tha.

I gaped at Shehry whose expression turned into a petrified one as he gulped the lump in his throat.

"W..Woh mera.." He's about to say more but I cut him off.

"Papa, yeh Shehryaar hai. My classmate. We have a test tomorrow and we were just discussing a few problems." Wait a minute......Test? OMG WE REALLY DO HAVE A TEST TOMORROW AND I DIDN'T STUDY SHIT !

Dad gritted his teeth as he made his way towards Shehry. My eyes widened in fear and tension kept building inside me.

Shehry's POV:

Okay NEVER am I trespassing into Nida's house again. Haye rabba. Aik to uncle ne meri haalat tight kardi hai, aur ab meri taraf chale aa rahay thay.

I felt so damn nervous and felt like I'd faint.

He neared me and I looked into his eyes which showed a strange kind of anger.

He stared at me for half a minute and then finally spoke as I clenched my jaw in fear.

"Tumhaari itni jurrat...ke tum meray hi ghar mein aaye, meri hi beti se mile, aur...........aik salaam bhi nahi kehnay aaye mujhe?" He says very seriously and smiled a little at the end. Umm....what?

"Ab udhar hi kharay raho gay kia? Ya pichwaaray(ass) che latt maar ke, tennu gharon baahir kaddaan?" He says in the most perfect Punjabi accent as he opens his arms wide for me. I bit my lower lip hard to stop myself from laughing. I am soo using this dialogue in the next Dolly Aunty video.

I was still a little nervous, until Nida pushed me a little from the back and I went forward and hugged him.

"Assalamualikum uncle." I spoke, finally smiling.

"Walaikumassalam beta ! Now that you're here, I might need to take a brief interview. Come on in." He politely offers and I chuckled.

"Daddy, subha school hai. And we need to study. How about some other time? This weekend. Let's invite Shehryaar and his family for dinner." Nida spoke up suddsnly and I turned to look at her in amusement over what she said.

"Hmm.. you're right. I'm tired, too. So just study and go back home soon beta. The roads are pretty unsafe at night. Oh and do join us over the weekend for dinner. We'd love to have you over. " He turns to me and I nod.

"Thanks uncle." I smiled.

"For what beta?" He asks and I was blank. LOL.

"Umm...for...for..being so understanding. I'm really weak in Calculus and needed Nida's help." I finally spoke 'the lie'.

"Oho! No problem beta. Nida's there to assist. Right, baba ki jaan?" He turns to Nida and she smiles, running up to him instantly and hugged him tight. Cutest sight ever !

"Jee daddy cool." She kisses his cheek and they let go. He's about to leave when he suddenly turns around.

"Vase kisne torda hai?" He asks and we both spoke up. "Meine !"

Nida and I glared at each other for what we just said.

"Nida beta, teri khair nahi. Begum to khoob durgat banaaye gi ab teri." He winks at Nida and I tried really hard not to laugh.

"Kia yaar daddy? She has a million other plants in the garden. Itna bhi ab kia?" She narrows her eyes in annoyance.

"Beta, nasha hai teri maa nu phullaan da." He says and all three of us laughed. He went back inside and we both took a sigh of relief.