21: Shocker

He neared me very slowly. "I've been in love with you since the first day I met you at Richard Shane. You're the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my life and then when I came to know your personality as a whole, tub...." He takes a short pause as if thinking how to complete.

"Tub tum pe marne laga." He chuckles, looking down. I was still unable to recover the shock I had received from these few words. I just constantly gaped at him as he explained himself.

This was the first time a guy had ever come up to me and actually admitted that he loved me, otherwise, it'd just be flirts giving me signals, leaving perverted notes in my locker and just never having the urge to say it to my face.

"I know you don't feel the same way about me, but I....I'm crazy about you Nida Khan." He neared me and I backed away slowly until my back hit the wall and I was cornered in between his arms which were placed firmly on the wall behind me.

I gazed into his eyes and saw utmost sincerity in them. Wish he saw what my eyes spoke about Shehry. But wait....he did say that he knows I'm in love with Shehry then....why is he doing this?

"Harry." I suddenly spoke, breaking out of my trance.

I opened my mouth to say more, but he placed his index finger on my lips sending an electric shock through me. "Sshh! I know what you have to say. Just...please....don't say it." He looks down with hurt evident on his face.

I just looked down at his finger as he leaned in very slowly, looking at my face and then at my lips, as if asking for permission.

My heart rate shooted up as he shut his eyes and so did I, in fear, as his heavy breaths fanned my face.

I squinted open my eyes and his face was dead close to mine. No ! I can't do this ! He can't do this ! I love Shehryaar.

The air around me grew tensed as his finger still trapped my lips. He took his finger off and I closed my eyes, too stunned. Too nervous. Too confused to say or do anything.

Just when I thought he was about to kiss me, he leaned in and pecked onto my temple, sending a wild effect through me. I blinked open my eyes and see a very hurt expression on his face.

"I should get going now." He moved away from me and grabs his coat from the sofa, without glancing back at me, once.

"Thanks." He smiles weakly as he stands in the door frame, ready to leave.

"Harry wait !" I halt him midway through and without thinking twice, I just hugged him. He froze at first, but then slowly wrapped his arms around me, as he hugged me back.

Not sure if he understood what my hug meant but...

I'm sorry Harry. I love Shehryaar. I know exactly how it feels not to be loved back by that one person you love most. Mujh se behtar yeh sachaai kaun jaane.

We pulled away and without looking into each other's eyes, backed away in our own directions.

I went inside and just completed the rest of the project, trying hard enough not to think about what he said today. He just confessed his love for me and I just....I just threw him away with my silence.

And now that I realize, meray aur Shehry mein farq kia raha yeh sab karne se? Shehry ne mera dil tora aur meine Harry ka. I wonder Shehry ka kis ne tora hoga. Uss ka to koi tord bhi nahi sakta. He never had even the slightest feelings for anyone. Jis din usko pyaar hoga na, sirf tab hi woh samjhay ga. Ke kitna dard hota hai kisi ka dil torne se.

I put the stuff away and silently crept into bed as I dozed off. Who knows what'll happen tomorrow. When I have to face both corners of this triangle in the same place, with a whole different feeling. Harry. And......Shehryaar.