18: Sheer Disbelief

Nida's POV:

I haven't spoken to Shehry since two whole weeks now, neither have we even glanced in each other's direction. That one fight just raised the bar of hatred that we had for each other and we've been acting like total strangers.

I won't apologize and neither do I plan to do so, anytime soon. It's his mistake and he should at least admit it, let alone apologize. But no, he's just too arrogant and full of himself.

I can't believe I even let him kiss my cheek that day, no matter how crazy an effect it had on me. Wait...kiss? Why?

Why did he even kiss me that day? What was going through his mind that time? Is he just....using me for his own advantage? Is it just to make me fall for him and the second I fall hard for him, he'd dump me and break my heart? Or.....did he like me? NO NO NO !! Everyone knows he hates me like hell, but why does he turn all so meherbaan and an aashiq all of a sudden. Ugh !!

Dekha to laga aik piece of cake

Jab mila to tha duniya ka sab se bara....

"...lost." A sudden voice breaks me out of my thoughts. Abbay shair khatam karne waali thi mein. Beghairat.

It was Harry who was sitting beside me as we both planned our experiment for the Chemistry competition in class, during recess.

"Sorry, what'd you say?" I look back at him.

"I said, where you lost girl?" He says, sounding quite serious.

"Hmm...nowhere. Just a little distracted." I gave a small smile.

"Hey Nida, listen if you're still mad at me I'm terribly..."

He's about to say more but I silence him with my words. "Harry, you've said that like, a million times !!! I know you're sorry and it's absolutely alright." I put my hand on his to reassure him and he smiles.

"At least you didn't smack me in the jaw." I looked down sadly and he murmurs something that sounded like 'asshole' about Shehry.

"Hey, don't say that !" I snapped, slightly angered.

"Why not ?! He was close to slapping your face. Doesn't he have the slightest bit of shame, not to pick on girls?!" He growled in anger. Whoa ! I've never seen this sort of a Harry.

"Dude Harry. He was just threatening me, he wasn't..."

"Yeah, he hit your jaw, aur tum phir bhi usse support karo gi?" He says very seriously speaking the most perfect Urdu, ever heard from a white guy.

"Support ki baat nahi hai. Even you hit me that time, so that evens the score Harry !" I frowned.

"No it does n...Okay, you know what? Let's just drop the topic right here. It's been two weeks anyway. Just...leave." He says and we both stopped arguing over the pointless drama the three of us got involved in, two weeks ago. I diverted my attention to the experiment, writing down the apparatus required.

"Nida?" He utters and the second I lift my head off the Chemistry papers to face him, when he all of a sudden, kissed the corner of my lips.

OMG WTF?!

I was stunned. Frozen in my place as he pecked for some 3 seconds and then pulled away instantly. My breath hitched in my throat and I just gaped at him. He looked into my eyes with his deep green eyes and I felt like I could get a heart attack anytime. Either in anger, or in just astonishment.

"Harry." I gasped, staring at him wide-eyed.

"What? You looked so cute, I couldn't help myself.....I..I'm sorry." He looks down, feeling quite guilty.