46: Day One At Camp

We were told the trip was another 4 hours, when just two hours had passed in utmost silence between the two of us.

I was just watching DDLJ on my phone to pass the time and suppress my overwhelming emotions. Hopefully, this longest running Bollywood film would pass 4 hours in a breeze.

Halfway through the film I just got bored and shut it off. I got an instant text from Hussain and Hafsa who had supposedly added me into a chat group. Great.

Hussain: Haan boss kia scene? ;)

Hafsa: Did you talk to her?

I rolled my eyes and texted back.

Me: Guys seriously stop ! It's hella annoying and I'm warning you both. Camp pohanch ke acha nahi hoga tum dono ke saath, so STOP EFFIN' ANNOYING ME AND HER ! -_-

Hussain: Dude get a load of yourself. Pagal to nahi hogaye yaar tum -___-

Hafsa: Fiancé hai yaar teri. And fiancé = Hone waali wife !!! Do you even realize that? How much longer are you going to ignore her?

Me: I'm ignoring her???? Hafsa she doesn't want to talk to me. She doesn't need me anymore. I'm like her father's murderer to her. :'(

It wasn't even the emoticon, I was actually crying inside.

Hussain: No you're not, man. Why don't you understand. She still loves you man :/

Hafsa: Exactly Hussain. She still loves you deep inside her, no matter how much she'll try hiding it her whole life. You need to get back with her Shehry. Apne liye na hi sahi, to uss ke liye. Uss ke papa ke liye. Jin ke liye yeh jung lar rahay ho tum. Uss ki...mama ke liye :"(

Hussain: Come on yaar. Don't you love her? :(

Love is just a small word Hussain. Very small.

Me: I'll try

Hussain: Please man, you both need each other even more than you think. Iss aik ghalti ko mazeed mat bigaaro. Isse sudhaarne ki koshish karo aik doosray ko sahaara de kar. Promise kar tu koshish karega.

Me: Hussain yaar, I can't but I'll try

Hussain: Nahi. Promise kar

Hafsa: Promise karo na Shehry :/ Please.

Me: I promise I'll try. Ok?

Hussain: Fine

Hafsa: Ok :) I wanna see you putting this promise into fulfillment and your efforts to get her back, this trip :)

I just shut my phone and kept it back into my pocket and slowly and cautiously turned to my side to find her asleep leaning against the back of her seat and in front of the open window, blowing her soft hair in my direction, tickling my cheeks.

I just sat there staring at her face, not wanting to touch her even with the tip of my finger. Afraid of losing her too.

She fumbled in her seat turning her face to me and I just fell in a daze.

Na jaane kis ki nazar lag gayi thi hum dono ki mohabbat ko. Aik...sirf aik waaqiye ne sab kuch badal daala. Sab tord daala humaare beech.

Hurt evident on every feature of her resplendent face. I just wanted to kiss her and wake her up from this nightmare. This hell that she was going through, but it was near to impossible. Why? Because in this nightmare, I was her antagonist. Her villain.

And the saddest part, she being the protagonist did not have a hero to save her. Because her hero.....had become her villain. Her biggest fear.