22: Destiny In A Mere Paper

Shehry's POV:

She left. Left me with my irrepairable heart as I see her hugged by Harry through the window. She was weeping. But why? Dil to mera torda hai, aur ro khud rahi hai?

I just sat in bed quietly as I felt pain in my arm and I moaned. Hussain was in the bathroom washing his hands of all that blood. He came back and sat next to me.

"Bhonkh !" He says sternly and I just shake my head, looking down.

"Shehry, who did you fight with AND WHY ?!" He raised his voice at the last two words.

"Just a random guy who was messing around." I reply casually.

"Messing around with whom?" He interrogated once more and I stayed silent.

"Why did you attempt to save her ?! Un dono ke maamlay mein tune kiyun taang araayi? Do you even know who that asshole is ?!" He yelled.

"He was freakin' insulting her. He called her a slut ! Tu mujhe bolta hai bara, tu bhi hota to yehi karta !" I yelled back, boiling in rage.

"Shehry, to hell with the insult man ! She could've just ignored it right? Millions of other girls get that everyday. She isn't a special case."

"Dude, she's been fuckin' tortured all morning. People are dissing her over a stupid rumor that she...she lost her 'v status' to Harry ! And I know very well ke woh aisi nahi hai, bhale hi woh Harry se pyaar karti hai !!" I snapped, grabbing the school paper from the side, and shoved it almost into his face.

His eyes widened, not by looking at the 'V status' headline but by something else. I was quite unaware of his sudden reaction, until he finally spoke.

"Woh.....Harry se pyaar karti hai?" He seemed pretty shocked and I could feel my head get heavier.

"I just...don't wanna talk about it." I retorted and looked away.

He gripped the bottom of my chin and pulled my face back to his. "Tune......itni asaani se usse....jaane diya? Kisi aur ka pyaar banne diya? Jabke sab se ziada pyaar tu hi karta tha na uss se ?!" He asked, looking quite disturbed.

"Woh nikal gayi Hussain. Nahi pyaar mujhe ab uss se ! Bohat ho gaya !" I yelled as a tear appeared in my right eye.

"Nahi Shehry, woh abhi bhi hai teray liye. Bas tu..."

I cut him off. "Nahi hai woh Hussain. She kissed Harry. And right when she left this room, she hugged him. Aur itna bhi na socha ke meray paas bhi dil hai !!!" Tears immediately collected in my eyes as my bruises ached me with all the pain and depression that took over.

Hussain saw my face and hugged me instantly but carefully.

"Meine tumhein kaha tha Shehry. Ziada waqt mat zaaya karo. Keh do. Keh do usse ke tum uss se pyaar kartay ho. Magar tum? Humesha har cheez mein apni hi marzi kartay ho." He spoke over my shoulder and I pulled away.

"Kaise keh deta. I didn't even know if she felt the same way. And especially after that day when she kissed him, it was confirmed that she loved him...and not me ! I was just lucky I didn't make a fool of myself by admitting my feelings to her that time, but now....just when I thought it'd be easy for me to get her out of my life. I CAN'T ! I freakin' can't !!............Chari rehti hai meray sir pe, aik joun (lice) ki tarha." I said and he burst out laughing.

"Abhi aik second pehlay dukhi premi bana hua tha, aur ab Kapil Sharma?" He said in between laughs.

"Aur karoon bhi kia? I can't keep crying over her my entire life? Mujhe apni zindagi jeeni hai, Drake has always said it, ke YOLO." I replied Mary-um style.