70: New Year, New Beginning

"Mama aur papa se milo gi na?" He asked with the widest smile on his face.

I could very well understand that smile. It had been almost a year since he last met his parents.

"Yeh bhi koi sawaal hai? Of course miloon gi." I kept my hand in his assuringly.

"Guys, what's the plan?" Hussain asked from his seat in the middle of Shehry and Hafsa as we sat in a row with Hafsa and me at the ends and the brothers in the middle.

Shehry grinned as he began explaining the awesome as heck plan. "The plan is basically, that since it's New Year's night and we'll be reaching around 10 pm, we'll go straight to Times Square, have dinner at a nice restaurant and maybe roam around for a while until 12 when we'll see the ball drop and fireworks together. And when that's over, we'll straightaway go home and surprise mom and dad."

"Perfect !" Hussain high-fived his brother and sat back in his seat.

After a few minutes, he nudged Shehry. "Oye oye, air hostess check kar, kitni chikni hai !"

"Whoaa !! Bachi tight hai." Shehry high-fived him and I just gawked at him with my jaw dropped.

"What?" He just asked me casually and I looked away, annoyed. Same was somehow Hafsa's expression as she decided not to argue.

The brother's were talking when all of a sudden, Hafsa called out to me in a loud whisper. "Nida ! Check out the hottie on my side." She squealed gesturing towards the hot steward that stood with a passenger.

Hmm, if they can play, we can play better.

"Oh my God Hafsa, that jawline is so damn fine." I gawked at the guy and from the corner of my eye noticed Shehry's shock.

"I knoww !!! Uff uff look at those abs tracing on his white uniform. Wonder how he gets time for gym-ing despite his tough schedule. Hussain is such a lazy-bum. Sirf uni ho kar bhi kabhi weights nahi lift kiye." She made a face and I snorted, trying to hold in my laugh as his jaw dropped and he stared at her, anger boiling inside him. Though, even Hafsa knows Hussain has become a gym-addict ever since he's gotten serious about acting.

I suppressed a smirk that began appearing on my face and added. "Would you just look at that beard, so nicely shaved and accurate. Unlike Shehry, jo mushkil se kabhi shave karta hai, aur jab karta hai, to kabhi terhi jaati hai, aur kabhi choti bari." Yep, even I knew how on point Shehry's beard is all the time, but I just had to. Seeing their expressions was so damn hilarious.

"Enough !" They both said sternly and Hafsa and I exploded with laughter.

"Wow ! Game start to humne ki, lekin level 99 pe dekho kaise pohancha diya inn dono ne." Hussain glared at Hafsa who was still busy cracking up.

"Nida madam, just you wait, huh? Poora poora badla loonga." Shehry made a face at me and I pinched his cheek.

He then leaned closer to my ear, whispering. "Kia meri daari (beard) sach mein uneven hoti hai?" He asked with a pout on his face and I giggled at his cuteness.

I put my hand to his cheek and whispered back. "Khawaabon mein bhi nahi."

He smiled instantly and leaned his head against the back of the seat and I did too and did not even realize when I fell asleep.

Shehry's POV:

And there ! Hussain and Nida, sitting on either side, had fallen asleep, while Hafsa was busy reading a book.

So I took advantage of the opportunity and slipped my coursebook out of my bag, which I had kept her Richard Shane diary in.

Today when I was helping her pack her stuff, I found a box which had her phone, diary and a few pictures in it. Her phone's battery was completely drained out. Duh. So I secretly slipped it into my pocket when she was in the kitchen making lunch for us.