16: Bipolarity At Its Utmost Peak

Nida's POV:

Such a long and tiring day. Uff ! Thank God it was recess. It was pretty cold today, so I decided to just stay in class.

Everyone left the class, including Shehry. Oh well, I just dig my head into my arms and placed all three of my body parts on my desk as I closed my eyes. I'm sure I'd wake up at the sound of the bell.

Shehry's POV:

It was finally recess. Finally. A break from Miss Melissa's continous blabbering on linear algebra. I walked out of class with the rest but waited right outside for her. I don't know why but I just felt like spending recess with her today.

Three minutes passed in waiting and she still wasn't out yet. Was she okay? I hurriedly ran back into the class.

"Ni..." I stopped right in my sentence and smiled as I caught sight of her.

I slowly walked my way to her desk, quietly pulled a chair in front of her and sat down.

I just sat there in silence staring at her beautiful face. She looked so peaceful and sooo pretty, I just felt like...aaahh ! Okay Shehry stop. You'll creep her out.

I slowly brought my fingers forward and lifted a few silky strands away from her face, tucking them behind her ears.

Yehi abhi jaagi hoti to mujhe apni gehri aankhon se ghoorti aur saans lena mushkil kar deti.

I didn't even think twice over what I was about to do. I just leaned in to the half of her face which was visible to me. My heartbeat showed no signs of being normal and my stomach twisted itself as I slowly moved in and pecked onto her cheek, trying not to make even the smallest sound.

I closed my eyes the second my lips made contact with her soft cheek and I felt deep sensations within me. That 'butterflies' thing that they only talk about in movies was actually what I felt inside.

I slowly pulled away and she flinched a little and changed her side, turning her head to the opposite side.

Bas kaise kahoon. Pata nahi tum meray baaray mein kia sochti hogi. I must be this mean, bipolar, arrogant asshole for you, who's always so full of himself and doesn't give a crap about others. But I'm not yaar. I'm not. I just... don't even know how to handle my feelings around you. If only you understood that.

I just sat there in my seat staring at her, although her face was away from me.

Nida's POV:

I wasn't completely asleep when I suddenly heard Shehry stop midway from calling my name. I just pretended to be asleep so I shut my eyes and just put my head into my arms as they laid in a circle on my desk.

I felt the small creaking of a chair and then there was silence. He sat down sighing deeply. I felt the warmth of his body around me and all of a sudden, I could feel his hand brush against my face as he lifted my hair off my face and tuck them behind my ears.

My body stiffened and I tried to keep my calm. No, I can't blush !! No Nidaa !! He'll find out. I just contained myself when right the next moment, I feel his heavy breathing near my face. OMG ! What was he up to ?!

His breath became warmer and warmer on my face, burning my cheek and making my intestines blow.

Oh God ! Shehryyyy ! Please move away. This closeness....why? I can't han....

I was amidst my thoughts, when he slowly pecked onto my cheek, almost giving me a heart attack. His warm soft lips kissed my cheek and his eye lash tickled me as it rubbed against my face. His eyes were shut, judging by his eye lash movement.