54: Feels

We slowly pulled away as my mom in law walked to us.

"Mubarak ho beta." She smiled and patted my head and I returned her one.

"Khair mubarak mama." I replied and she grinned.

"I just love it when you call me mama." She giggled and I looked down shyly.

"Well, it is your rightful title, so why not?" I said and she nodded.

We walked out and I grabbed Nida's hand halting her in place. She looked back at me, expressionless, and I pouted.

"What?" She asked plainly.

"Smile maybe?" I shrugged, giving out a cheeky smile and she just shifted her gaze to the ground.

"Begum !" I whispered and she looked up at once and just blinked.

"Itne nakhray achay nahi hotay." I raised my fingers to the corners of her lips and before I could curve them upwards, she had already begun smiling, in fact, giggling.

"Sadkay jaaoun aapki iss hansi pe." I scrunched my face and pinched her pink cheeks.

"Sadkay jaaoun aapki iss mohabbat pe." She mumbled, smiling to herself as she looked at the ground.

I just stood there staring at her resplendent face when I caught sight of the necklace in her neck. Thanks Hafsa. Koi kaam to dhang se kiya tu ne.

"Why do you stare so much?" She spoke suddenly and I sighed.

I shot an eyebrow. "Is there even a reason to not stare?"

"Still !" She made a face, still looking down.

"Well, you better get used to it Mrs. Nida. Shehryaar. Asif. Because this would just go on for a lifetime, and there's nothing you can do about it." I boasted.

"What...ever, Mr. Shehryaar. Asif." She giggled, sprinting off to her car.

I just stood there smiling, gawking at her.

That flawlessness, that perfection, that beauty, that.....

She twisted her head back to glance at me but then turned away dramatically.

That nakhra.....

I could see her giggle as she sat in the back seat with Sara and they both stuck their tongues out at me. I stuck my tongue out back at them and they both laughed, and so did I. Childish much? But does it matter?

The car drove off and I just looked at it go, tracing its route as if that car just took away my heart with it.

Jaa begum. Jahaan marzi chali ja. Aakhir lautna tune mujh mein hi aa kar hai. Meri baahon mein. Meray mohabbat mein.............Sab bhula doonga. Gham, aansou, dukh, dard, sab kuch.

"Chal majnoo. Laila chali gayi teri. Thori hi dayr mein phir se mil leyin uss se, ghar pe. Abhi chal." Hussain patted my shoulder and I turned to him, breaking out of my thoughts.

"Chal." I took my route to the car and he followed.

I sat in and he sat after me. Waqas and Atif were in the back, and I was just waiting for them to....

"Haan dulhay bhai ! Ho gayi na teri ab humesha ke liye?" And bam ! Waqas starts.

"Waqas Masha Allah bolo. Aur duaayein do. Yeh kaisi baatein kar rahay ho?" Mom frowned. Muah. I love you maa.

"Acha jee. Shehryaar meray veer, tujhe aur teri biwi ko Allah dhair saari khushiyaan ata farmaaye, sadiyon ka saath ata karay aur dhair saare bachay de." He smirked at the last part and I facepalmed myself.