43: The Unexpected Bend In Our Road

"Nida ! He'll be okay. Nida !!!" He shook me by the arms and I felt my mouth open twice, thrice but no words would come out.

"Miss. Calm down. We're trying our best to bring him back to consciousness. His condition is very fatal. He has a damaged spinal cord and...and his pulse rate is low. We'll be performing a CT scan in a few minutes to scan his brain to see if there are any internal injuries and it is highly likely since he's had quite a loss of blood from his forehead. Miss.....It is very, very important for him to get back to consciousness at the moment or it might lead him to a prolonged coma or even.... death." The doctor said and went back into the room.

"H..Huss...Hussain...Hussain !!!" I was losing oxygen. My heart was pounding against my ribcage and felt like it'd come out.

"Nida ! Nida meri taraf dekho. Unhein kuch nahi hoga. I promise. He'll be okay. Breathe ! Breathe yaar. Please!!" He literally pleaded, pulling me into his arms trying to comfort me.

It's not working Hussain. I need him. I need him by my side to tell me everything's going to be okay. But he....even he's left me alone. All alone in this hell as he lives in his own....trying to survive.

He took my head in his hands and slowly placed me on the cold floors with his hand caressing my head and my breathing slowly eased.

"Uncle theek ho jaayeinge Nida. Shehry bhi bilkul theek ho jaaye ga. Allah pe bharosa rakho."

"Hussain meri...mama..." I hiccupped and his eyes widened a little.

"Aunty...Aunty kahaan hain?" He asked, a little shocked.

My lips shivered as I answered him. "Trauma. She found out about dad and....fell in coma."

Mein marr gayi hun Hussain. Mar chuki hun bilkul. Le chalo yahaan se mujhe. Iss se pehlay ke tumhein yahin se meri laash utha ke le jaani pare.

He was silent. As if someone had just took away all his strength to speak. As if he felt my pain.

"Hussain. Nida ?!" I hear a familiar voice and him and I look up to find Uncle and Aunty.

Aunty dropped down to her knees and held my shivering arms in her grip.

"Nida? Kia...kia hua?" She asked me silently as tears streamed down her face and I just looked away, not having the strength to say anymore.

Hussain's POV:

Mom and dad had found us after coming back from Shehry. I direly wanted to ask them how he was...but couldn't. Not in front of Nida.

I was afraid. Afraid of hearing anything which would kill her. She was in so much pain, I could not ever imagine having. Her mom, her dad, and the love of her life. All fighting their own battles with death. Aunty...

Nida doesn't even know what caused her mom to go into a coma.

Please Shehry.... waapis aaja. Teri zaroorat hai ussey. Mein kuch nahi kar paa raha. Waapis aaja Shehry. Sambhal le apni jaan ko. Sambhal le mujhe aa ke.

Mom asked Nida why she was here and I pulled her to me and whispered everything to her. Her eyes widened and tears rapidly fell off her eyes.

She pulled Nida into her arms and hugged her while Nida just sobbed into her chest.

"Nida beti sab theek ho jaaye ga. Allah hai na hum sab ke saath. Aise rone se kuch nahi hoga beta. Dua karo unn sab ke liye. Apne maa aur baap ke liye. Sh...Shehryaar ke liye." Her voice cracked up as she uttered his name.

"Aunty mein...mein Shehry ko dekh sakti hun? Aa..aap log ussi ki kamray se aaye hain na? Mein usse dekhna chahti hun. Please Aunty." She looked at mom, gulping down all her painful emotions.