62: Unanswered

Nida's POV:

I sat there laughing, sharing smiles with mom, dad and Shehryaar in our living room when all of a sudden the door to our house slammed open and there, in the door frame, stood a dark figure.

My heart almost fell out of my chest the second I glanced down at his hand which tightly gripped onto a knife that had droplets of blood dripping off of it.

He took a step into the house and looked at me with those fiery bloodthirsty eyes and walked further in our direction. Mom, dad and Shehryaar were still chatting and having a good laugh when he came forth, closer and closer towards mama.

I quickly began shaking her, trying to warn her.

"Mama ! Mama woh aa raha hai ! Woh aapko maar de gaa !!" I screamed, struggling to get her to notice but she laughed and shook and yanked my arm off her as if I was seeing things.

I glance at the dark figure again and then glanced back at mom only to find her....gone?

"Shehry? Mama abhi to idhar theen? K..kahaan gayeen woh?" I nervously asked him and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"She's in a better place now Nida. Mein...mein hoon na tumhaare saath. Tum fikr mat karo." He leaned in and kissed my forehead and I felt a little relaxed.

I looked back at the figure and tension rose up in me again as he now turned towards Shehry.

"Sh..Shehry woh...woh dekho ! Woh... maar de ga humein. Shehry please kuch karo. Mujhe bohat darr lag raha hai." I weeped.

"Nidzi relax. Humaare paas aa ke to dekhay. Dhajjiyaan urra doonga saale ki." He winked and I shook my head.

"Nahi Shehry. He's coming towards us ! Do something ! He has a knife. He's going to kill us !" I screamed in fear as he now stood just over a meter from us.

"Okay okay babe. Breathe. Dekhta hoon saale ko kia chahiye." He kissed my cheek and got up and took a few steps towards the dark figure, unarmed.

Tears continuously fell off my eyes in fear that he'd hurt Shehry.

"What do you want?" Shehry asked, a hint of rage evident in his tone and the figure pointed towards....me.

I felt my breathing get caught up in my throat and I began shivering as his eyes bore into me.

"Wrong answer, buddy." Shehry said angrily and lunged a fist into his face, making him fall to the floor but he immediately got up and was about to jab his knife into Shehry when Shehry immediately caught his wrist and gave him a low blow as that figure again dropped to the floor.

"Better not take a step close to her, or I'll make sure you don't live a second longer." Shehry gritted his teeth in furiosity, addressing him.

The dark figure got up and shook his head, laughing loudly and before Shehry or even I myself could react, he dashed towards....

"Papa !!! Papa ! Papa watch out !" I began screaming as he slowly raised the knife in his hand.

I ran towards papa and stood in front of him. Papa behind me was confused.

"Nida kia hua? What's wrong? Did you see someone?" He asked. What? He...he can't see the darkness that laid ahead of us.

"Kill me ! Kill me you asshole ! Don't you dare touch him !" I yelled in the dark figure's face whose face was quite unclear.

He laughed once again and threw me away with his hand all of a sudden, making me stumble to the floor.

He stepped towards papa and jabbed the knife into him.