31: Love And Family

I stood in the closet in a towel, for the past half hour searching for something appropriate to wear but as always, I found nothing. Only one thing left to do.

"Saraaa !!!" I yelled. Sara was also here wirh Aamir bhai, but she was downstairs helping mom with the dinner.

"Coming !" She yelled back.

In around ten minutes the door knocked and I rushed out the closet.

"Knock karne ki kia zaroorat hai yaar. Jaldi andar ghusso !" I yelled, crossed.

The door opened and I sighed in relief.

"Oh thank God Sara where were...Aaahh !!" I screamed and ran back inside my closet, sticking my head out the door frame only to see him standing there with his hands over his eyes.

"Sh..Shehry ?! You're...you're here already?!" I asked, shocked.

"I didn't see anything." He says, still having covered his eyes. A small smirk playing on his face.

"Promise?" I ask, also smirking now as I peeped at him from the door frame.

"Well, I just saw your face, and uh... your shoulders. That's all." He says very innocently and I moved my head back inside the closet and blushed. Shit.

"Uhuh. Chalo stay like this, ok?" I say, gesturing him to still keep his eyes covered as I tiptoed in front of him and slowly leaned in and kissed his cheek. He sighed and a smile appeared on his face immediately.

I then push him out the room and shut the door, laughing to myself. Yeh to shukar kare window se nahi aaya tha, warna window se hi dhakka dena pardta.

"Psst." He whispers through the door.

"Kia hai?" I replied.

"Jaldi aao na neechay jaaneman. I'm waiting." He replied and I smiled.

"Oye Mister. Our parents are in the same house as us. So watch it." I whispered.

"My lips are sealed, madam." He replied in a hushed tone.

"Oye Romeo ! Andar ja ke milo na ! Baahir kharay kia kar rahe ho?" I hear Hafsa's muffles outside the door and my eyes widened. She's here too? Kia hai, aik to inn sab ka aik ghanta, 10 minutes ke baraabar hota hai.

"Hafshayy !!" He says excitedly. Wait wait. Hafshay? He has a nick for her?

I furrowned and opened the door a little and peeked outside and find them hugging.

"Zara araam se tiger !" Hafsa says over his shoulder, and I quickly and quietly shut the door.

My heart cringed from the inside. What are they up to? Is Shehry cheating on me? And Hafsa. I can't believe I totally forgot what she did at Shehry's birthday party, and even now? She's my best friend. How can she even do this to me?

No Nida, no. It's probably a misunderstanding.

But I saw them hug with my own eyes, and that too, really tight.

Uff Nida, don't just jump to conclusions. Talk to him. And listen to his side of the story.

My door knocked again, breaking me out of my thoughts. It was Sara.

"Haan. Come on. Let's get you something nice to wear. Did you see him? Kitna hot lag raha hai !!" She nudged me and I just looked down, still thinking whether I should talk to him or not.

"Everything okay?" She looked at me, concerned.

"No Sara. Nothing's okay right now." I replied walking off to the closet.