51: The 'To Be's' Outing

Nida's POV:

"Hafsa I'm telling you for the 100th time now, I am NOT attending the Masquerade Ball." I yelled through the phone, pissed.

"You ARE attending the ball tomorrow and your date is your would be husband, and that's FINAL ! I don't understand what your problem is ? Aik ball se kuch nahi hoga tumhein !" She yelled back almost killing my eardrums.

I sighed. "Kuch din chen se aur akelay mein guzaarna chaahti hoon mein apne Nikaah se pehlay. How hard is it for you to understand?"

"Wohi din Shehryaar ke saath guzaar lo Nida. Aise akeli raho gi to sirf depression hi hoga aur kuch nahi. Aur waise bhi......Nikaah ke din churail lago gi itna depression liya to." She laughed.

"Oh my God you're so funny ! I'm laughing my ass off !....Idiot kahin ki." I frowned sarcastically.

"Chal, now shut up and get ready. We need to go fetch you a sexy gown and mask for the party. See you at the mall." She ordered, and before I could protest, she hung up.

Bitch. Wait....See you at the mall? Isn't she the one picking me up. Kia ghoomi hui ladki hai.

I got dressed up in casuals and just then the doorbell rang. I sighed and quickly tied my hair up in a messy ponytail, before trudging downstairs.

There was nobody in the living room and I heard noises from the kitchen. Hmm...she must be with mom.

I walked to the door frame and my jaw dropped. What's he doing here?

He just stood there leaning against the counter as he laughed with mom and gave her a high five and just stopped his laughter midway upon seeing me in the doorway. I just quickly turned away.

He is NOT taking me masquearde ball shopping, is he?

I heard mom's giggles from behind and all of a sudden I felt his soft arms wrap around my waist very slowly, triggering wild sensations in me and I shut my eyes, consequently.

He then flipped me around and grabbed my hands as I slowly opened my eyes to see a broad, sexy smile on his face.

"Chalein?" He asked softly and I just looked down at our mingled hands, not knowing what to answer.

I don't even know what was encircling my mind that instant and I just blurted out the dumbest response. "Kahaan?"

Mom and him started laughing and she ruffled his hair.

He then turned to look back at me, smiling. "Shopping? Where else? Ghar to..... tumhein kuch hafton mein le hi jaaounga. Par abhi...sirf shopping." He said cutely and mom hit his arm jokingly as they both laughed once again.

Isse mazaak sooj raha hai?

I yanked my hands out of his grip and turned to walk away. I sat down on the couch with my face opposite to him. Idiot.

I heard him sigh at the back. "Lo dasso, fir senti ho gayi."

Mom laughed. "Meray te gayi aye. Chal fir, mana le na apni mehbooba nu." And then I could feel her whisper something to him.

There was a weird silence in the back when all of a sudden I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders just......the way dad used to do to her, to make up to her and well, he always succeeded.

I could feel a small smile creep up to my lips as I felt him look ahead from above my right shoulder.

"I can see that chaand jaisi muskuraahat. Just sayin'." He whispered and I quickly looked ahead of me. Stupid living room mirror.