63: Did Time Really Heal Both Ends?

One year later

Shehry's POV:

I arrived at the accomodation and threw my luggage as I plopped onto the bouncy bed.

"Aah !" I grunted as I tried to relax my stiff back.

Switching the Wifi on, I Skyped them up. Hussain picked up.

"Kameenayyyy !!! Kaisa hai !" He yelled in excitement.

"Mein fit, tu suna. Whooo ! Finally here man. Yaqeen nahi aa raha. Oh and this place looks fine for a student accomidation." I said scrutinizing the interiors to my university's student accomodation.

Mom came from behind Hussain.

"Mamaaa !!" I yelled in excitement and she smiled widely.

"Kaisa hai mera shehzaada? Soye thay ke nahi plane mein? Neend poori kar letay thori si. Kuch khaaya ke nahi aur..."

"Maa ! Mein bilkul theek hoon. Chill karein yaar." I laughed at her constant interrrogation.
Aakhir maa to phir maa hi hoti hai na.

My heart stung as I was reminded of her once again and how she had nobody in her life anymore. Not even me.

A tear escaped my eye and I quickly wiped it away before anyone could notice.

"Acha mama, mein aap se baad mein baad karta hoon. Mujhe abhi university jaana hai. Papa ko mera salaam kehna aur Maha ko dher saari pappiyaan." I tell her and we sign off.

I sighed deeply and felt my eyes tear up once more.

One year....one whole year passed and I've never been more broken. Each day spent without her only made it worse for me.

People say time heals everything. Even the most broken of hearts.......It doesn't. Especially when your soul no longer resides within your body. What is there to a body if there's no life in it?

Can't believe I thought our hearts were tied together for a lifetime on this very day.....but I guess Allah had different plans for us.

Aik din, aik lamha bhi aisa nahi ke mujhe uss ki yaad na aaye. Har din sirf ussi ka chehra dikhta hai dimagh mein. Sotay, jaagtay, uthte, bethte, har lamha sirf woh hi yaad aati hai. Na jaane kahaan hogi woh. Kahaan ho tum Nida? Itni nafrat thi tumhein mujh se, ke...ke aik baar mur ke poocha tak nahi ke zinda hoon ke nahi.

She's in pain.......I can feel it.

I got off the bed with a heavy heart and freshened up, changing into a grey hoodie and dark blue jeans with my favourite Vans shoes.

Exiting the accomodation building, I walked to uni which was just a few metres away from the building. Upon reaching, I headed to the Student Affairs office and got my Student ID made.

I stepped through the doors of the main entrance to the Film-making and Arts building and my jaw dropped in awe.

The place was like a world on its own with bright colors everywhere, portraits of famous film and television arts personalities. There was a large Projection Screen on one side which played a wonderfully directed video that a few students stood, watching. On the top of the screen was a label 'Honorable Works'. Definitely honorable.

I looked to my left and found a beautiful display of different artworks by the students. And on the side was a uniquely huge and intricately built statue of Marilyn Monroe made entirely out of paper.

There were portraits of performers in fancy costumes and pictures of students, some of whom I knew as famous directors. Okay wow!

My picture would be there one day....In Sha Allah.