71: Crucial Meet With The Truth

Nida's POV:

I met up with Waqas and Atif and we were just talking when I suddenly noticed Shehry's diappearance. And right when I was about to raise a hue and cry among the five of us over his absence, he returned with a very disturbed and panicky expression on his face. Is he okay?

"Shehry, are you ok..." My words were cut off by his sudden grip on my hand.

"Nida, you need to come with me." He spoke quickly, already in the process of dragging me along with him.

"Yo, where you headed?" Waqas called out and Shehry hastily replied. "I'll explain later guys. Iss waqt humaara jaana bohat zaroori hai."

Humaara?

He dragged me forward where a taxi was waiting for us. He shoved me in hastily and then sat in himself as the driver drove out of Times Square.

A few minutes into the car ride and there was pindrop silence in between us. I so badly wanted to know where we were headed. My nervousness seemed to rise with every passing second. He was in deep thought with a worried expression on his face, that I could clearly make out.

I just slowly grabbed his hand which flinched suddenly as if he was pulled out of his thoughts and I held it tighter reassuringly. "Relax babe, it's me."

He just nodded and I looked down.

Aisi konsi jaga hai jahaan hum jaa rahay hain? Aisi konsi baat hai jo tum mujhe bataana nahi chaah rahay Shehry?

I took a deep breath finally mustering up some courage to interrogate him regarding our destination but before I could say anything, he turned a little in his spot, grabbing my face in his firm grip.

He gulped down and I just stared into his eyes which showed a tinge of uneasiness and a strange sort of nervousness.

"Shehry....where are we going?" I asked quietly.

He took a deep breath before answering. "Nida. We're going to the police station."

My eyes widened in utter surprise at his statement. "P..police station? But why? Is everything okay back home, Shehry?"

His grip grew stronger on my face and he shut his eyes for a brieg condition and then spoke.

"Nida....I want you to...to remember your past. Please remember Nida, we really need answers right now and....and your past is the only key to it." He said and I frowned.

"My....past? I don't clearly understand what you're trying to say."

He sighed deeply before trying again, shifting his grip from my cheeks to my hands as he held them in his.

"Nida, try to remember what happened in the past. Somewhere in your teenage. I know almost everything about your past but there are a few things that only you know and...and your rememberance of them is very, very important right now." His words left a deep impact on me. What was it in my past that needed to be reminisced?

"Nida?" He broke me out of my thoughts.

"I...I'm not sure if I can recall anything. All I... remember is coming to LA. And very few memories from my childhood. I...I don't even remember how.....mom and dad died." I admitted the most painful thought of mine honestly.

"Mein hoon na tumhaare saath. Mein tumhaari help karoonga. Tum nahi to....mein to jaanta hoon sab kuch tumhaare baare mein." He smiled, relieving my heart a little and kissed my forehead silently.

I smiled meekly but I was still a little nervous.

"Okay, so you and I were classmates when we joined Richard Shane High School here in New York." He told me and I nodded.