66: Pleasing Awkwardness

Nida's POV:

I steadily lifted open my heavy eyelids at a bright speck of light, not quite sure of my surroundings.

Upon completely opening up my eyes, I scrutinized the place to find it was someone's bedroom. I froze the second I remembered last night. Where's Mannat?

I got off of bed quickly and in the swift action, I unbalanced myself and fell to the floor, letting out a short but loud scream in pain. Fuck these weak legs !

The door opened and he barged in. That Shehryaar guy. Where the hell was Mannat?

He fell down to his knees and in an instant grabbed my waist, before I could even protest, and lifted me up in his arms from the ground.

My jaw dropped in shock while he just stared at my face as if lost in his thoughts.

"You okay?" He asked quietly and tears pooled up in my eyes.

"Put me down....Please." I tried to sound as calm as possible and he did as told, placing me down on the bed.

"Mannat kahaan hai?" I asked through gritted teeth as I just stared at the marble floors of the large room.

"Woh...woh chali gayi hai." He said and I looked up at him, at once.

"Kia?" A shocked whisper escaped my lips and he just gawked at me.

"Where the hell is she ?!" I screamed, getting up as I staggered towards the door to the room.

"She's not coming back Nida. You...you're staying with me." He spoke, blocking my exit and I looked up at his face, completely blown away by shock, and tears trickled down my lashlines.

He looked at me with those....those merciless eyes which wanted me to stay with him, live with him.

"Kiyun kar rahay ho aisa meray saath?" I whimpered, fisting his shirt in my hands as he just stood there in front of me with his arms spread out to block my way.

He shut his eyes and sighed, reaching out to something on a small table that was kept beside the door frame.

He held it in front of my face and my eyes widened.

"Does this....does this give you any answers?" He asked quietly holding up a photo frame which had a picture of....me and him in....each other's arms with our eyes shut.

I gulped down the lump in my throat. Where did he get this picture? Is that.....me? No, no that can't be me !

I just shook my head and he did too. I was about to walk past him but he again blocked my path.

"I need an answer Nida." He whispered calmly and I looked at the picture once again.

"This....this does not speak 'husband' Shehryaar. You...you must be a high school crush of mine and we would've broken up." I looked away and he kept the photo frame back to where it was.

He held my arms and spoke. "Yes Nida. I was a high school crush of yours, but we never broke up. We got married.....in freshman year."

I just looked down, trying to absorb whatever crap he was uttering and it made my head ache.

"You think I believe you? I'm sure you were just a high school crush and we never got married. Now please, move out of the way so I can leave." I put my hands to his chest and shoved him away slightly.

"Kahaan jao gi?" He asked as I walked to towards the door.

"Kahin bhi chali jaaoungi. Bas tumhaare saath nahi rahoongi."