Chapter 16 - The performance

Start from the beginning

“Ryan!” I squealed, fastening my pace and leaping onto him when we were close enough. He caught me and spun me around a few times, burying his face into my shoulder.

“Was it good? You had fun?”

“Ryan! What you did was so stupid, crazy, nerve-wracking, wreck less…” The list could go on, but I stopped as his face fell. “… and the best experience to ever happen to me.”

His face brightened up again. “Really?” he exclaimed.

I giggled. “Yes! It was amazing. Truly.” I pressed a kiss to his lips, causing him to push me up against the narrow hall-way wall, his lips still warmly on mine. He kissed almost everywhere on my face, he even trailed them down my neck before I pushed him away playfully, my hands spread across his chest. I looked around to see if Cass was still there, but she was gone and we were completely alone. I could feel the laughter rumble through him, I could even feel his heart beat. It was fast and strong. I pulled him in closer and made sure my breath was against his neck as I thanked him.

“Thank you so much Ryan, it was amazing to do something I’ve only ever dreamed of,” I whispered pleasantly.

“Anytime, gorgeous,” he murmured huskily back in my ear. “I’m glad you enjoyed it.”

I kept looking at Ryan's lips as he pulled away from my neck and his face was close to mine, and he took the hint. He kissed me fiercely, moving his arms up so his hand rested on my chest, the other around the back of my neck, scrunching up my hair. I melted in the kiss, resting my hands on his waist so I could keep our bodies touching. He ran his tongue along my upper lip, which left me breathless and caused both of us to let out a small moan, his warm breath tickling my skin. I let my mouth move slowly, moving with his -- it was nothing like our previous kisses. It felt so right, so perfect. I didn’t want the moment to end.

But, of course, we were interrupted.

“Hey, great show!” A voice cut through the beautiful silence. Nash’s. Ryan pulled away, turning to look at Nash while resting his forehead on mine. I could feel his eyebrows raise, and as he did so Nash raised his hands somewhat in defeat. “Okay, sorry, continue. I’ll be… somewhere. Not here though. Definitely not here.”

I laughed briskly, turning back to Ryan.

“So where were we?” he asked softly.

“Well…” I traced his lips gently. “I do recall it went something like this…”

 I pressed my lips to his again, reliving the moment that passed by just before. As we were in our own little world again, the door opened behind us.

“Ryan? There you are-“

Oh my god,” Ryan exclaimed, turning around to see Ian standing against the doorway. Unlike Nash, Ian didn’t walk away and leave us in peace.

“Come on you two, join the party!” He dragged us in to the room. I saw Cass on the couch with Jamie, they were talking confidently and it looked like she was finally comfortable with the tour. Nash was with Ian now, as he’d walked over to him as soon as we’d shut the door behind us. There were a few other girls and guys in here. Obviously friends of the guys, I thought. One of the faces I distinctly recognised.

“Nate!” I screamed, running over to him and giving him a giant hug. “What are you doing here?”

“Heya, sis,” he greeted, waving his hand a little. “What do you mean? Ryan’s my mate! And you’re here too, which gave me two reasons to come along.”

“Is Laura here?”

“Nah, she’s back in Lockeland Springs planning with your mother. What you did Blair…”