77

third person p

third person p.o.v

"yes mal?" evie turned to look at mal, she was really hoping mal was able to notice her unusual behavior. while baking and cleaning weren't unusual things you'd see evie doing, she did run into mal this morning crying. so her acting like everything was okay now did seem unusual. evie wished she could say something, but she didn't know what zevon would do. he already basically drugged her, and he was able to watch her every move. after she came home from bella's, he complimented her on how she broke up with the girl. it was a hard thing to live through. especially when he had his hands all up on her face. oh how she wanted to just kick his teeth in.

"why were you crying this morning? did something happen with bella that you might want to talk about?" mal looked towards the window as she made her way over to the kitchen counter. no signs of anyone suspicious yet. evie shook her head and began to take out materials for a pie. she stress bakes and cleans, hopefully mal knew that. "crying? i don't know what you're talking about." mal just watched as her best friend began getting ready to bake, why? she wasn't quite sure. was it a sign for help? it had to be, why else would evie be cleaning and baking when she could be doing other things, things that were more evie-like.

"come on evie, you can tell me anything! you know that, i won't judge. whatever happened, i'm here to help you get through it." evie had to bite her tongue to stop herself from saying anything, she didn't want to risk mal getting hurt. she knew zevon was near, if she slipped then mal would be the first to go. "mal, i'm serious. nothing happened, i'm fine. you can stop worrying. i just wanted to take a break from everything, so why don't you sit down and enjoy a cookie? i didn't make them to just be admired and not eaten. come on, dig in!" evie shoved the plate of cookies towards mal's side, hopefully mal could tell from the tone of her voice something was wrong. mal frowned and grabbed a cookie, evie seemed annoyed by her so it was best to not upset her.

she knows somethings wrong, she just couldn't quite tell what it was. evie didn't seem to be under any type of spell, mal would know after all seeing as she knew a lot about them. plus, there wasn't a spell that would make her break up with bella randomly... 'technically there is, but evie doesn't seem to be under any type of love spell. if it isn't a spell then it had to be something else, but what?' there was a sudden knock at the door that made both evie and mal jump, neither of them were expecting company. they looked at each other before mal decided to be the one to open the door.

"coming!" mal hurried to the door and opened it to reveal her girlfriend. "hey babe, come on in." mal moved to the side to let uma in. the girl walked in and pressed her finger to her lips, "shhh." mal looked at her confused as she closed the door, was uma okay? "i think we're being watched." uma whispered as she pulled mal close to her. uma led them more into the house and looked around before she said anything else. "uma, what are you-" "shh!" mal sighed and stood there quietly as uma took out her shell necklace. it was glowing for some reason.

"i don't know what's going on, but all i know is that it's probably not good. maybe... do you think there's another force to be reckoned with?" mal crossed her arms, pursing her lips as she thought about the news that were just presented to her. "you remember zevon?" uma looked at her with a curious look. "yeah, why do you ask? wait, don't tell me you think he has something to do with this? that creep? is he even capable of doing anything?" uma asked, she noticed that mal's gaze shifted over to evie who was in the kitchen. "i think he already started, i went to see bella this morning and she informed me that evie broke up with her." uma's mouth formed an 'o' shape as she took in the news.

"so what do you think we should do? looking for him will be impossible, he's always creeping in the shadows." mal shrugged before taking a seat, she racked her brain for any sort of solution. "damn, it only i had my spell book. wait! your mom is handy with potions, just like him! maybe we can whip something up?" uma shook her head, mal's hopeful expression dropped. "i wish, but my mom isn't the one to write down her potions and such. we could try, but i can't promise you that the results will be perfect." mal sighed and rubbed her temples as she tried to think of places to get a book with any sort of potion to help them out.

"we could always go to the isle and search the queens place? i'm sure zevon has his mothers stuff so going after her would be useless, and evie's mom was handy with potions... then again, i'm not sure you're into breaking and entering anymore." mal looked up and blushed at the smirk on uma's face, who wouldn't blush at uma smirking at them though? "yuh, says who? i am so down, but are you sure you can keep up with me?" mal stood up and moved closer to uma. "oh, don't get it twisted darling, it's you who won't be able to keep up." mal just smirked before she closed the already small gap between them. their kiss was short and sweet, but clearly the two wanted more than short and sweet. still, they couldn't do more as evie was near and they had to make sure auradon wasn't going to be in trouble again.

"okay let me just get my bag and we'll be on our way." mal went to retrieve her belongings while uma waited. as she came back out she stopped to let evie know she was heading out. "alright e, i'm heading out. when i come back i don't want to see the kitchen filled to the brim with pastries." evie looked up from the the recipe book in her hands and smiled. "don't be ridiculous mal, i would do no such thing. be safe and have fun. bye m, bye uma!" uma waved goodbye before mal pulled her towards the door. "so, are we placing bets or what?" uma just laughed and pushed mal out the door.

"someone's scared of losing." mal teased as they walked away from the house. uma intertwined her hand with mal's before the two took of running, they didn't want to waste anytime. the more time wasted, the more danger auradon could be in. unbeknownst to them, zevon was waiting for them to leave to make his next move. he knew mal would catch on, but he wasn't sure how fast she'd catch on. he wanted to act fast before she came back from whatever date she had going on with uma.

"oh honey, i'm home." zevon yelled out as he opened the front door. evie closed the book in her hands and closed her eyes as she felt hands snake around her waist. she wanted to slap herself, she shouldn't have been a smartass when she first encountered zevon. she should've stayed the night with bella, there are many things she wished she could've done that would've lead to a different story for her.

"i want you to invite your friends over tomorrow, except of course for that princess. we've got a special announcement to give them, and if you dare try anything i'll hurt them all. right in front of you." evie wanted to gag in disgust as she felt zevon's head bury itself in the crook of her neck. "you've got it?" he asked as he tightened his grip on her.

"of course," he cleared his throat as to send her a message.

"dear."

[sorry if this is short, and i'm also sorry that i haven't updated  since like February... i don't know when the next chapter will be, but hopefully i don't take forever...]