20

mal's p

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

mal's p.o.v

i was on the carriage with ben, we were on our way to his coronation. i was nervous about this, all of it. i had the box that contained the baked good that would remove the love spell i had given him. i remembered what evie told me, 'don't catch feelings' she said, it will compromise the mission. she was right.

well i didn't catch feelings for ben but i started to see him as a friend, him and bella, they were so kind to us and betraying their trust like this will hurt them so much.

"i have something for you." i said finally breaking the silence. "for me?" ben asked. i handed him the box. "yeah but it's for later," i told him. "when you need strength. some carbs, to keep up your energy." i chuckled as he opened the box.

"always thinking, but i can't wait." ben took out the muffin and ate it in a bite. "no!" i yelled. he turned to look at me, "mhm this is really good." ben said with the muffing still in his mouth.

"do you feel okay?" i asked him. "you bet!" he answered wiping some crumbs from his face. "would you say that you're still in.. that you have very strong feelings for me?" i asked him, i was nervous. this could go right or horribly wrong.

"i'm not sure, i mean let's give the anti-love potion a few minutes to set in." ben said. i nodded, "yeah okay." i was completely out of it that i didn't completely understand what he had said.

"wait what?" i asked him. he started laughing at my confused expression. "you knew?" i asked. "that you spelled me? yeah. i knew." he told me. fuck fuck fuck.

"i can explain myself." i said quickly.

"no look, it's fine. i mean, you had a crush on my and i was with audrey. you didn't trust it could happen on its own, you were right though." ben explained. i nodded and looked down.

"wait what do you mean i knew it couldn't happen on its own?" i asked looking up at him.

"mal, i'm going to tell you something and i don't want to hurt you. i don't like you in the same way you like me. mal, i'm gay. to be honest, i like you as a friend and if i'm being honest, i like carlos. like in a romantic way." he explained himself to me.

"i have so many questions, first, how long have you known?" i asked him, when did it wear off and how. "since our first date. your spell washed away in the enchanted lake." i should've known something was off, that was my mistake.

"so this whole time, you've been with me so what? you didn't hurt my feeling by confronting me?" i asked. "mal, i know i should've said something from the beginning but i didn't know how. i thought that if i brought you along as my date, i wouldn't be stuck with audrey. i would've brought carlos but i don't think my parents are ready to have that conversation." he joked, but how did he know carlos would've said yes if he had asked him?

"i also know that carlos feels the same way." ben added and i legit let out a loud gasp. "he does? he told you so?" i asked, why didn't carlos tell me anything? "yeah, hey look, i'm sorry if i hurt your feelings or anything. it wasn't my intention at all." to which i laughed.

"ben i'm not hurt, i don't-" i was going to say i didn't like him either but then he would question why i gave him a love spell. "if i had known you were gay i wouldn't have tried anything." i saved myself from being discovered.

we arrived to our destination and i was lost. is he going to think that what i'm doing is for revenge? maybe i could use that an excuse, but what about carlos? he must've felt like shit when ben declared his 'love' for me. he must've also felt like shit when we were making the cookies... but why didn't he say anything?

ben helped me off the carriage and i felt bad as everyone stared at us. i have to get past this and make my mother proud. we walked up the stairs to meet his family. i bowed in front of his mother and sister. his sister, someone else that we were going to hurt. they both worked so hard to be our friends, to prove we're not like our parents but today that all goes down the drain. we are like our parents after all. the apple doesn't fall far from the tree remember.

"ben, we are very proud of you." his mother said as she held his hand. i looked at bella, this whole thing must be killing her on the inside. here goes nothing i suppose.