31

ben's p

ben's p.o.v

i did as i was told, i went all the way up and found myself in a flat? i heard someone shake a spray paint bottle, i guess mal didn't hear me as she didn't ask who was there nor did she stop painting either.

i walked in further and saw art splattered all over the walls. it was amazing art, street art is what they call it, but amazing nonetheless. i turned around and saw mal spray painting on the wall. she had purple hair again.

"at least i don't see a picture of me with horns  and a pitch fork." i said, mal turned around quickly, i had spooked her. "ben." she looked at me, i guess she was shocked to see me here. i mean i'm still shocked that i came.

i walked towards her but she put her arms up, telling me to not get any closer. "mal, i'm so sorry about what i said to you. it was all my fault. just please, please come home." she tossed her spray paint to the side and scoffed. not what i expected but that's okay.

"ben, i am home." she walked towards me. "i brought the limo, it's a sweet ride." i chuckled but this was no time to try and lighten the mood. mal was serious, and it was all because i treated her like she was suppose to be my therapist. i was a bad friend and i regret that.

"i don't fit in ben. i really gave it my best shot. and if you guys think that i can change, i think your wrong." she was wrong, she is capable of change. we all are. "you don't have to fit in, the people already love you for who you are." i tried to remind her of all the friends she's made since she got here.

"they love the idea of nice mal, not the real mal. ben if they knew what type of person i truly was, even you'd hate me. i have to take myself out of the picture, because it's what's best for all of us. the media will leave you and carlos alone. the kids at school are still afraid of me. evie, carlos and jay all have their life's set in auradon. i don't. as long as i stay there, people will only see me as my mother. and maybe they're right to see me that way."

"mal please-" "just leave, and tell the others to not waste their time. i've made up my mind." i looked at her hoping that this was just pretend but she was dead serious. i'm such a horrible fucking friend.

i did as she asked me to, i left. i went back down the stairs, to tell the others what she had told me.

"so?" evie was the first to notice me coming back. "where's mal?" she asked, this was suppose to be quick. come and get mal, go back home without a scratch.

"she's not coming back." i told her. "what? i'll talk to her." i didn't even bother staying, i began to walk away from the scene. before i knew it i was grabbed my a group of people and taken.

holy shit.

i couldn't see much but i could still hear and smell.  i heard lots of voices so it was hard to pick up on what they said but it reeked of fish. then i heard a female voice. "put him down" she said, and then i felt ropes around me. either this is going to be something weird and kinky or i'm being held hostage.

please let it be the second option.

whatever was covering my eyes was taken off of me and i could see my surrounding better. i was in what seemed to be a restaurant. i was surrounded my pirates. oh cool, they have pirates. cool, cool, cool. this is fine, totally fine.

"king ben, nice of you to join us tonight." the girl from before said. but i was surrounded by men?

"actually, it's prince ben. my sisters the queen, i'm just a prince." ben right now is not the time to correct anyone they could kill you, i told myself. ah shit