67

third person p

third person p.o.v

"understood." ben and carlos replied in union, they didn't like the idea of keeping this a secret from evie but it wasn't their place to tell her. bella would tell her when she was ready. as much as ben loved and cared about his sister, evie loved and cared about bella 100 times more than ben. which seemed impossible of course, but evie would actually kill adrian. ben would maybe fight him, but then again he's never fought anyone nor has he killed anyone so... not saying evie has killed anyone, but she has a good right hook so yeah.

"what are you three whispering about?" evie asked as she came out of the closet. they all turned to look at her and acted cool. "nothing." "plans for the day." "breakfast plans." evie didn't believe them but didn't feel like pushing for an answer. she walked over to the bed and placed bella's outfit for the day. they weren't doing anything fancy today so she picked the most casual clothes bella had, most of her clothes were dresses and basically fancy attire.

"i ran into your mom on my way, and so now we're helping her with the final touches for tomorrow night." bella furrowed her eyebrows in confusion as she had forgotten what tomorrow night was. "our birthday." ben whispered to her. woah bella forgot her own birthday. "time does pass by so quickly, we're turning 18. woah." carlos crossed his arms in annoyance. he didn't like that he was a year younger than them, while his birthday was a month before ben's, they were a year apart still so.

"okay you two leave so i can get ready for the day, and maybe go and talk to adrian." bella got up and began to do her bed. she made sure to emphasize the talk part, she didn't want them to hurt adrian yet. or at least not without her. the two got up and excused themselves from the room and went back to ben's room. hopefully to get ready.

"adrian?" evie asked as she helped bella with the bed. "carlos' brother, he arrived yesterday." bella didn't want to think about what happened yesterday so she blocked it out. she had to find out if he was a serious threat before punishing him for trying to molest her. "he did? what's he like?" evie asked as they finished making the bed. "you'll see when you get a chance to meet him." bella wasn't going to even try to talk nice about adrian. maybe she had to dial it back with the whole being nice thing. 

"well why don't you go freshen up, i'll occupy myself while you do." bella agreed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower. as evie waited for bella, she began to look around the room. bella had redecorated, she added new books to her bookcase, got new plants, and even added more pictures to her wall. evie studied the new pictures, they were adorable.

one that caught her eye was one of bella as a little kid surrounded by, who seemed to be, jane, audrey and lonnie. bella must've put them up after the group reunited and made up for lost time. the picture was of them having a tea party, they had little tiaras on and cute little gowns. evie looked closer at what bella was wearing, the necklace caught her eye. it resembled the one she had, a gold chain with a ruby red heart that had a little crown at the top. she still remembered how she got it. evie had snuck out of her castle prison when she was little and went to see what she could find in the garbage, as some auradon garbage always found its way to the isle. she usually found broken toys, torn fabrics and of course just plain garbage.