13

I was on the bleachers next to Evie and Mal, Evie had invited me to sit with them, as we watched Auradon Prep go against our rival school, who's name I didn't know

I was on the bleachers next to Evie and Mal, Evie had invited me to sit with them, as we watched Auradon Prep go against our rival school, who's name I didn't know. Or well, rather didn't bother remembering. There were 47 seconds left and we were tied. There was so much yelling and clapping, and the band was being a band and the cheerleaders cheering. A typical scene you'd see during a game. 

I saw that the coach had put in Jay and Carlos, and so we cheered as we had been informed that Jay was a natural at Tourney. Ben told me Carlos was improving thanks to their lessons, so even more 'yay's' all around for both boys from me.

They keep addressing Ben as prince Ben during this and it's honestly really amusing. It's so weird that we all find enjoyment out of guys hurting one another and passing a ball around. It makes no sense, but I guess it's also thrilling because you can't exactly predict who's going to win.

Time was running out and... The other team's goalie saved the ball. No points to either team. 23 seconds left and everyone was on edge waiting to see who would win. Woah Jay is really killing it out there. Carlos too of course. Both boys are doing amazing. 

Woah, will you look at that, Ben scored the winning goal! Well, it was really more of a team effort, although Jay seemed to be carrying the team on his shoulders.

We all cheered as Auradon Prep won tonight's game. The speaker guy, I'm not well informed in what sports lingo to use, was congratulating the team when Ben took the microphone away from him. 

What's going on?

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Can I have your attention please!" Ben spoke into the microphone and everyone settled down.

"There's something I'd like to say..." He looked around at everyone before speaking into the mic again.

"Give me an M!"
"M"
"Give me an A"
"A"
"Give me an L"
"L"

Mal? Why is he spelling Mal's name?

"What does that spell?"
"MAL"

I look around, does no one else think this is very out of character for my dear brother? This is not like Ben. What is happening?

"I love you mal. Did I mention that?"

He what now!? He loves mal? Where on earth did this come from? Just last night he told me he liked guys! Yes, he could be bi but he seemed so sure? 

I looked down and saw Audrey leave, she looks heartbroken, I should go after her. Fuck, this means Ben didn't break up with her. I was going to go down after Audrey when Evie held me back. "This is exciting, isn't it?" She asked. I smiled and nodded. I can't say no, Mal is right next to us. Plus, the way she was holding my hand made me forget why I was leaving.

"Give me a beat!" He yelled and the bang began playing. Okay, what? Was this planned out ahead of time?

"Oh my god, what was in that cookie?" Is what I think Mal said to Evie but I can't really hear a thing as the crowd got even louder.