09

Carlos' p

Carlos' p.o.v

I was at my one on one practice session with Ben and I honestly felt really happy. I mean he was really cute and I was moving on from Jay. I mean, technically we were never official, but still. 

I'm not looking for a rebound, maybe a booty call, or maybe something official. Wait I'm getting ahead of myself. One, Ben is straight and has a girlfriend. However, that day when we first met, he literally licked the chocolate off of his thumb that was previously on me. No straight dude does that.

Oh, and second of all, we're not going to be here permanently. We come, get the wand and we leave. Like Mal said, it's our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents. Yet, I don't want to go back to the Isle. I like it here, I mean, we deserve to be happy too.

I guess I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't hear Ben calling my name multiple times. Now that I can hear him clearly, I like my name coming out of hIs mouth. Gosh, he's like, perfect.

"Okay Carlos, we're gonna do some sprints. You ready?" ben asked as he looked at the stopwatch in his hand. Suddenly I heard something, but not just something. I heard barking, and only dogs bark.

Shit, it's a fucking dog.

I began to run as fast as I could, screaming as everything my mother told me about dogs came back to me. Shit. Shit. Shit. Shit.

I ran past Ben as I was trying to get away from the beast behind me. Then I heard someone else's footsteps. Now I'm being followed by two things.

"Carlos? Carlos?!" I heard Ben scream which meant he was the second thing chasing me. However, I wasn't going to look back to make sure, I could fall and that furry beast could eat me.

I made it into the forest and jumped on to the nearest tree. I wasn't going to be some dogs dinner. I'm no ones puppy chow.

"No, stop!" I yelled at the dog as it got near the tree. Gods, I hope it can't climb. I really hope it can't climb a fucking tree. Then I heard footsteps approaching, human footsteps. Ben's footsteps.

"Carlos!" He yelled. "Ben?" I yelled back, oh please save me. Or no, save yourself. Or! Save us both.

"Ben help me! This thing is a killer! He's gonna chase me down and rip out my throat!" I pointed down at the dog. However, instead of kicking him away, Ben picked him up. Is he asking to get murdered?!

"That is a vicious, rabid pack animal!" I reminded him, so Ben put him, but the dog didn't eat him or try to bite him.

"Hey, who told you that?" He asked. Is this not common knowledge? "My mother!" I answered. "Cruella?" He asked, yeah no shit. "She's a dog expert, dog yellerer." I reminded him. I don't get how my mom was a villain for trying to protect the people from these vicious killers.

Ben picked the dog up again, totally ignoring everything I said to him. He simply just laughed. "Why are you holding him? He's gonna attack you!" He's gonna bite the money maker.

"Carlos, you've never actually met a dog have you?" He asked, geez, I really thought he was smarter than this. Mans is holding a beast that just tried to eat me.

"Of course not," I said. "Dude, meet Carlos. Carlos, this is Dude. He's the campus mut." Okay so he's not attacking yet, maybe he's waiting... But the dog never did anything.

"He doesn't look like a vicious, rabid pack animal," I spoke as I getting down from the tree. "You're a good boy, aren't you?" I asked it, I mean, Dude. Maybe dogs aren't so bad?

Ben hands me Dude and I carry him. He's soft and cute. Huh, kind of like Ben, well I don't know if he's soft, okay maybe I'll just shut up. "You're a good boy," I told him again. He simply looked up at me, I guess mom was wrong about dogs. I can see now why she's considered a villain. Well, I know she's evil but I never thought the things she said about dogs were false.

"I guess you guys have it pretty rough on the island." He said. "Yeah," I said thinking about what growing up there was like. "Let's just say we don't get a lot of belly rubs," I added chuckling, but I was serious, love and affection are hard to come across. Some of us got lucky to have good parents, some not so lucky. But we make our families sometimes too.

"Good boy," Ben said as he placed his hand on my shoulder. Oh boy, I swear my whole face turned red, and so did his. "I mean you're a good runner, you're fast." He was trying to save himself from embarrassment. "Thank you." I looked at Dude to try and hide the blush that I got from his words. Fuck.

"Listen, I'm gonna give you guys some space, yeah? You guys get to know each other and just come find me when you're done." He began to walk away and I just nodded.

How the fuck do you get to know a dog, they don't talk.

I didn't really want Ben to leave, but I wasn't going to stop him either. He probably had to go see his girlfriend anyways. I sat down with Dude and smiled at him.

"Being a dog must be fun, you don't have to deal with feelings and relationships as much. Everyone probably loves you."

I should stop while I'm ahead, maybe trying to actually be something with Jay would help. I mean Bella said you can love who you want here. If Jay and I were together no one would judge us. Maybe audrey would, she seems to be a real bitch, no offense. But when you know.

However, I don't want to hurt Jay, if we do become a thing I can't be with him and still have feelings for Ben. Then again, it's just a silly crush. It'll go away soon. Gosh, I just met the guy and I already have feelings for him. I'm so stupid.

What I have failed to bring up is, Ben is straight and obviously doesn't want to be with me. And neither does Jay.

I know I shouldn't be so insecure but I am. I'm also tough and scary, people on the island feared me, Jay, Evie, and Mal. Mostly Mal as she is Maleficent's daughter... 

I just need to push my insecurities away like everyone else does.

It's all good, at least for now I suppose.

[Word Count: 1152]
[Edited: May 31st, 2020]