48

mal's p

mal's p.o.v

we arrived to the island shortly, we were back so soon but not for the reason we promised the kids. we parked our bikes and got off, maybe we should hide them? nah we'll be quick, it's fine.

"hey! i'm me again." i felt my face and the wrinkly old skin was gone. "duh! evil magic doesn't work here. kind of the point." celia reminded me. right, no magic works here, especially evil magic. "oof, welcome back." evie placed her arm over my shoulder as we began to walk away.

"shucks, i liked the old you." i heard uma joke, i simply ignored her. don't want to start anything that will cause us to loose time. we all followed celia to her dads place. she knocked on the door, or rather played a beat on it. with that the door opened and all you could hear was carnival music. great.

we walked in behind her and saw how she got so excited to see her father. can't relate. they even had a little dance, i guess not everyone on the isle had terrible parents. we walked down and began to look around dr. facilier's voodoo arcade.

"guys look at this!" carlos called us as he watched the tv.

"alerts of the sleeping spell keep coming in as it spreads throughout auradon. there are rumors that sleeping beauty's daughter, audrey, is behind the spell. we're trying to discover who is responsible for these vicious lies and which villain has perpetrated this evil. we have an update! it's what? it's moving this way!" the reporter on the tv began to run away trying to get far from the smoke that caused the sleeping spell.

"of course they think it was a villain. they just said audrey is behind this and then blame us." uma had a point, they were trying to blame audrey's actions on someone else. "let's go." i told them. we had to put a stop to audrey.

after celia said goodbye to her dad we left. once outside we saw some kids taking our bikes. woah, i knew we should've hid them. "rookie mistake jay." harry said to jay as tried to go after the kids. right because he could catch them on foot.

"you and me gotta go find the ember." i told celia as she was about to run after the kids with the guys "good timing, it's right about his nap time." can't believe she knew my dad better than me.

soon we were at the entrance to his lair, 'get lost' it read. there was a sign that said 'beware of dog' that had a drawing of a three headed dog. it can't be real, can't it?

"hey how big is that dog?" i asked celia as she was opening the door. "you'll see." she opened the door and led me inside. she wasn't serious was she? it can't be real big, that's not possible. "okay stay quite, it echos like crazy in here." right better be careful. can't wake him up.

as we walked we heard barking. oh no it's the fucking dog. celia led me to this bike thingy, we have to pedal to get to hades? unbelievable. as we continued to petal the dogs barking got louder. i didn't even know we can have pets on the island. we don't have pet food to keep them alive.

we stopped once we arrived. there was an entrance to his actual lair. you could hear him snoring loudly, and it only got louder as we walked closer. the dog barking continued but there were no dogs... celia pointed at a record player, that was the dog that was barking. i should've known better than be scared of a non existing dog.

i walked around the couch hades was sleeping on as to not wake him. celia went to turn the record off, this woke him up. fuck.

"what are you doing here?" he asked. he hasn't taken his shades off so he doesn't know i'm here. great! "i noticed you were low on canned corn." celia took out a can of corn from her bag and tossed it to hades. girl came prepared. i was this close to grabbing the ember, everything was going great... until i felt a hand on mine. fuck.

he grabbed the ember and turned to look at me. i felt my heart jump out of my chest, he still had his shades on which really made this scarier. did he have his eyes closed or open? can't tell because of those dumb shades.

"hi dad." i said, only three people know he's my dad evie, my mother, and him of course. now celia knows so that makes it four people who know. great.

"quite a show you put on the other day." not even a 'hi mal' or a 'how you been?' "right back at ya." he smirked and got off the couch. "i was just coming to see you." he laughed.

"really? wonder why. is it because i'm moving on with my life, and you're stuck here." he only let out a chuckle. avoid the question old man, you know i'm right. "now mal, don't be bitter." i should've just knocked him out and taken the ember.

"you abandoned me when i was a baby." i reminded him. i have a reason to be bitter, i grew up without a father! "no, no. i left your mother. she's- she's not the easiest person to get along with." you're telling me.

"you think?"
"oh see, we have something in common already. we both hate your mother." why did audrey have to go and steal my mother's scepter? "no, i don't hate my mother. she may be an evil lunatic but at least she stuck around.

"you think you had it rough? i used to be a god!"

*we're skipping their argument*
[play the song now]

[read once song ends]

"do you wanna make up for being a lousy dad? give me the ember." i held my hand out for him to give it up. "the ember only works for me." i shook my head. "no, it'll work for me. we're blood." "you're only half hades. the ember won't do everything for you that it does for me."

"i'll take my chances." he was reluctant but he eventually gave it up. "if it gets wet it's game over." then it better not rain in auradon today.

celia and i made our way back to the outside. i've officially sang a duet with both my parents. "i guess that's the reason why he's always asking about you." right, celia now knows he's my dad too. great.

"evie is the only one that knows he's my dad. and as far as i'm concerned, he doesn't even exist."