55

mal's p

mal's p.o.v

i went in the direction i saw uma and others walk through. the ember isn't working, but maybe if uma and i tried again we could make it work. i really fucked up back there and i hope i could make it up to her, to evie, to everyone.

"uma!" i yelled as i saw them. she turned around to look at me but harry said something to her to make her look away from me. "uma wait!" i ran up to her but harry got in between us.

"hook, right now is not the time for games. uma, just listen to me okay. bella needs us, she's dying. audrey did something to her, and without us she will die. please, don't do this for me but for her. she's your friend, she brought you here and gave you an opportunity to have a better life. she promised you that the kids will be brought over, and she never breaks her promise. without her, the barrier will be closed for good. please uma, help me help her and you can continue to stay mad at me for however long you want. please, uma i'm begging you." uma moved harry aside and looked at me. she didn't trust me and that's okay. i broke the trust that we formed in the kitchen at evie's place. i hurt her, i'm sorry uma i really am.

"okay, but i'm doing this for bella not for you. c'mon you three." with that uma walked past me and headed in the direction of fairy cottage.

after a long walk, a long awkward silent walk, we made it back. i hope it wasn't too late.

"mal?" my name was being called, i turned around to see a wet evie. why was she wet? "evie? what happened?" i ran over to her, she was shivering but she wasn't hurt. well that's good, well she might catch a cold but she's not hurt.

"where's everyone?" she asked looking around. "inside, c'mon let's get you inside." we all headed inside and were greeted by a sad jay and carlos, and a sleeping dude.

"where's ben?" i asked. jay pointed to the stairs. "okay, evie you wait here. guys, find her a towel or something. let's go uma." uma and i headed up the stairs and saw ben standing over bella who was laying down. she seemed to be asleep but ben's facial expression told us she wasn't just sleeping.

"what happened to her?" uma asked. "evie." was all ben said. he wasn't serious right? evie couldn't have hurt bella. she loves her too much to even consider breaking her heart.

"can you help her?" ben asked. i looked at the ember in my hand and at uma. "we can try, but i don't know if it will work. ben, the ember touched water and even if it did regain its power... hades is the only one that can use it to its full potential." he looked at me and gave me a look that said 'do whatever you can.'

i held my hand out for uma to hold, her shell shined its light but the ember did nothing. it doesn't hurt to try though.

"rewind the time, bring her back to life. rewind the time, bring her back to life." uma and i repeated the words but nothing happened. the ember's light came back, but i couldn't bring her back or even keep her alive.

"she's still in there, but... ben she's hanging by a thread. there's one more piece of her heart left but who knows how long she has." uma let go of my hand as she looked over bella.

"we need hades, he's the only one that can make it work. he's the god of the underworld after all, he can help her." ben looked over at me and shook his head. "we can't bring him over, he's a danger to us all. plus, how do we know he will even help us?" i can't tell him why, he just has to trust me.

"i have a plan, but we need the others." i signaled them to follow me downstairs. maybe not the best idea as ben was ready to pick a fight with evie.

"you? what are you going here?" ben asked evie. he was mad at her, but i'm telling you audrey must have something to do with what evie did. "what's going on? where bella?" "where's bella? she's upstairs dying because of what you did to her." okay ben calm down.

"dying? what are you talking about? mal, what's he talking about?" oh evie, i'm so sorry. "he's right, she's dying but we can stop that. i have a plan, evie you need to go back to the isle and get hades. take harry, gil, jay and celia with you. she knows where his lair is and you'll need the guys to bring him back. he's the only one that can help us get bella back. please." evie knew what the others didn't, hades was my dad and he would agree to come. i mean he does want to leave the isle after all.

"can i see her, before we go." evie looked scared. evie was scared, we all were. evie didn't wait for us to responde, she headed upstairs before ben could stop her. i went after her as uma talked to the guys and celia about going back to the island.

"evie..." evie was standing over bella, you could see the hurt in her eyes as she stared at her girlfriend. "what did ben mean when he said 'what you did to her?'" evie asked. i wasn't entirely sure either.

"you told her you didn't love her. you broke her heart, quite literally. your exact words were, 'you know what, i've broken so many hearts in the past. this time its different, her heart is like literally breaking. i missed this you know, breaking hearts after hearts.' you know what evie, just leave." you can hear the pain in ben's voice, he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. he's in pain.

"ben... i love her, you know that. just-"

"no, because if she dies it's my fault. it's my fault because i wasn't there for her, so if she dies then that's on my hands. not just mine but yours, so please just leave." i get that ben is in pain but he has to understand this wasn't evie's fault. audrey, she's behind this. she's behind everything that's happening.

"fine, just know i would never want to hurt bella. she's the best thing that's ever happened to me. i would do anything to get her back." evie looked back at bella, she covered her mouth but we could still hear the broken sob she let out.

"oh evie." i went to hug her and as soon as i embraced her she broke down crying. i looked at ben who now looked guilty. they're both hurting, they're both losing, or about to lose, someone they care deeply for.

"mal, i don't know what i did but i'm sorry. i don't want to lose her, i-i don't know what i'll do. i can't go on without her mal, mal please. what if hades doesn't want to help us, then what? mal, if she dies and the last thing i told her was that i didn't love her... i don't know what i'll do with myself."

i've never seen evie cry this much before, once i get my hands on audrey i'll make her pay. if evie looses bella then we all loose evie. when she's with bella, it's like she's an ak not a vk. she's the princess she's always wanted to be, though bella always reminded her she's always been a princess. evie found her happily ever after, she can't loose it. i won't let her loose it.

"hades, he'll help. he has too, you go get him and i'll do whatever it takes to get justice for you and bella. bring hades, bring him to the castle and you'll get bella back. i promise you, bella loves you and when you get her back you can explain what happened. she'll understand, if she was able to forgive us for trying to steal the wand and take over auradon she can forgive you. if she could forgive uma for kidnapping ben, she can forgive you. she loves you way to much to not forgive you." evie pulled away from our hug and looked over at bella.

"you're right, i can't lose her. i won't lose her. i'll get hades, and she'll be back. once she's back, we can grow old together and live our lives together in peace. i'll bring her back, i promise." evie looked over at ben, he couldn't stay mad at her forever. they both loved bella and they knew she wouldn't want them to be mad at one another because of her.

"just... don't take too long. here's the key to the limo, we we're given an extra in case of an emergency." ben said as he handed evie a key.

"good luck e."