03

third-person pov

third-person pov

The vk's left the dorms quickly but quietly. They ran all the way to the museum of Cultural History, living on the Isle gave them the benefit of being super fit as you had to be quick on your feet at all times. They were lucky to not get caught or catch anyone's attention, who knows what measures they'd have to take to clear their names if caught.

Soon they were outside of the museum in the middle of the night. A small "come on" came from Mal as they ran up the stairs.

"Check your mirror." Mal ordered Evie as soon as they began to walk and slow down. "Is my mascara smudged?" Evie asked worried, which was the last thing on Mal's list priorities.

"Yeah, and hey while you're at it why don't you see if you can find us the wand." mal answered, nothing but sarcasm filled her tone. "Sure, this way." Evie lead the group in the direction her mirror gave them.

They soon reached the doors that would lead them to the wand, or at least get them closer to it. They peeked inside and saw the security guard spinning slowly on his chair to look at each monitor. Behind him was Maleficent's spinning wheel. The man's chair was turning to the door and the group quickly moved away to avoid being seen.

Once he was facing a different direction, they went back to looking inside.

"That's your mother's spinning wheel?" Jay asked as he let out a laugh. "Yeah, it's kinda dorky." Carlos joined Jay on the mocking of the spinning wheel that once belonged to Mal's mother.

"It's magic, it doesn't have to look scary." She was quick to defend her mother's wheel, not like her mother would care. Another thing she was good at was always defending her mother from whoever dared insult her and her magic.

"Magic spindle, do not linger. Make my victim prick a finger." Mal looked from her spellbook to the security guard and cast her spell, or at least tried. Nothing happened.

"Impressive."
"I got chills."

Mal ignored the boys mocking and tried again with a different spell.

"Okay, you know what? Prick the finger, prick it deep. Send my enemy off to sleep." Mal tried again, this time she got it to work. The security guard got up from his seat and walked towards the door but stopped as his attention was drawn to the spinning wheel. He pricked his finger and fell asleep right there on the spot.

"Not so dorky now, huh?" Mal said smugly. The smugness left however, as she tried to open the door but couldn't as it was locked. Clearly they didn't think things through.