14

Evie's p

Evie's p.o.v

"You're looking a little pale," I say to Mal as we began to walk away. Okay, maybe not a little, more like a lot. "Yeah." she scoffed. "I can fix that with some gloss and some blush." Oh, this is going to be fun! Mal never lets me dress her up or do her makeup, I should seize the opportunity at hand.

One thing I can't get over is my talk with Bella yesterday. I know that Ben is under a love spell, but Bella doesn't. She's obviously suspicious, but hopefully not suspicious of us. On the plus side, since I know Ben is under a spell that means he likes Carlos, which is honestly awesome.  How long will the spell last though? Once it wears off we'll have Fairy Godmothers wand and Ben, along with the rest of Auradon, will hate us. Including Bella... I don't want her to hate me.

Is this worth it?

As soon as we got to our rooms I bust out my makeup and begin fixing Mal up. Look, she doesn't like Ben so there's no problem there, the only problem is... We're using Ben and now everyone thinks he's actually in love with Mal when he's not. Which could make him look bad in the future.

I need to shake those thoughts out of my head and help my best friend. I can't help but feel happy for her, whether she likes it or not, she's going on her first date! Oh, this is so exciting!

"Okay, easy on the blush." Mal pushes my hand away and yeah, I was about to go overboard with the blush. "I don't want to scare him away, not that I could." She laughed nervously.  She has a point though, Ben is too nice to get on his bad side.

"Please, my mom taught me how to apply blush before I could talk." Which is true, my mother taught me how to use my beauty to get what I want before anything else.

"My mom was never really big on makeup tips. I never had a sister." She spoke as I applied some lipstick by dabbing it on her lips. "Well, now you do." I mean I hope. We've gotten closer, maybe she could see me as like a sister now. I'll admit, at first we didn't exactly get along. After a while though, we became closer. I had a crush on her once, I'll admit, but not anymore. Someone else has my attention now...

"We're going to need all the family we can get if we don't pull this off." I snap out of my thoughts as Mal speaks up again. God, who knows what they'll do to us... What if we take the wand but they catch up and defeat us. Will they send us back to the Isle or worse? Well, what could be worse than the Isle?

"My mother's not a barrel of laughs when she doesn't get her way." At least magic wasn't allowed on the Isle, it would've made our parents worse than they already were. God, imagine the punishments. 

"Are you afraid of her?" Mal asked. Was I? "Sometimes." I mean who wouldn't be afraid of someone nicknamed 'The Evil Queen'. I mean, she won't even tell me her real name! When she screamed, she was definitely scary. The men she brought home were scarier, but the past is in the past. It's whatever now. 

"Are you afraid of your mom?" I asked bringing my attention back to Mal. "I just really want her to be proud of me. She gets so angry with me when I disappoint her. Yeah, she's my mom so I know she loves me, in her own way." I grabbed Mal's hand, she's an amazing daughter if she's willing to come here to Auradon, a place that's full of things she hates, just for her mom. Maleficent doesn't deserve Mal honestly.

"Come one, let's see," I say getting up and guiding her to the mirror. We need to shake our parents out of our heads, even if it's just for a minute.

Mal looks in the mirror and lets out a laugh. "I know," I hug her from behind, and surprisingly she doesn't push me away.

"I look.."
"Say it,"
"Not hideous."
"Not even close."

Soon after, Ben arrived. He knocked on the door and the guilt came back. I pulled Mal back before she opened the door. "Promise me you won't catch feelings." I look at her sternly. She looked at me confused. 

"Promise me, Mal," I repeat myself.

"I won't, I promise." She laughed. "This is our one shot." I remind her. In all honestly, if she did catch feelings for Ben she would end up hurt. Ben's gay and under a love spell. Once it wears off he'll be back to normal. Maybe he'll go after Carlos, who knows. I feel guilty, Ben doesn't have control over what he feels, and mad because if Mal does end up having feelings for Ben then she'll be heartbroken.

 While dealing with my feelings, she and Ben left. Geez, not even a goodbye or a 'Hey Evie'? Well, maybe they did speak to me but I just didn't pay attention... Ugh, whatever.

I was about to get ready to whip up some clothes when I heard another knock at the door. I opened it to find Carlos outside my door. Why didn't he just come in? 

"Evie, can we talk?" He asks coming inside. "Yes, of course," I answer while closing the door. "Can I confess something to you, and you promise not to judge me?" He asked. His word and tone made me worry, but I'm sure everything's okay. I looked over at him to make sure he wasn't hurt, at least physically, and watch as he closes his eyes before he spoke.

"I think I like Ben, I mean I like Ben as in more than a friend, but now he's dating Mal! What if he ends up falling for her! I've been feeling guilty since we baked the cookies and my stomachs been hurting because of it. This doesn't feel right, I mean, we're villain kids! Why should I care about some stupid prince?  Then again, he's not some stupid prince and I really like him.  I can't reck our plan so my best option is to get over him by getting back with Jay, but then what if Jay doesn't want me either. Then that means two guys don't want me and that makes me feel bad about myself more than before. And-" I cut him off before he passed out from lack of oxygen. 

"Okay, calm down Carlos. Sit down, breathe. Yeah, just like that, in and out. In and out." I sat him down and helped him stop hyperventilating. Oh, poor Carlos. He likes Ben and he doesn't like him back, and- wait he likes Ben?! How did I miss that? Then again, he was going too fast for me to really catch anything.

"You like ben?!" I ask out loud. Carlos nodded before curling up into a fetus position and hugging his knees. Oh, my poor C.

Crap. Wait no, I mean this is great! Ben likes Carlos, Carlos like Ben. Fuck, but the spell... I should tell him. But I promised Bella I wouldn't say anything, and I don't want to betray her trust.  Then again, this benefits Ben too so she wouldn't mind, would she? No, of course not. If she does, I'll use my beauty to make sure she's not mad. It works on straight girls as well, trust me I've done it before.

"Carlos, what if I told you Ben felt the same way?" I asked him and he uncurled from his position. "Evie, you know that's not true. No need to lie to me," He looked so sad.

"No, I'm serious! Look, I promised I wouldn't say anything, But Bella told me that Ben told her, he likes you but he thinks you don't like guys so he was scared to say anything!" I explained and Carlos stood up.

"Are you- are you being serious right now?" He asked. I nodded, oh, Bella please don't kill me.

"But we can't tell Ben, he's still under the spell and we don't know how he'll react," I told him and Carlos smiled. "Okay, I won't say anything, but you're being completely honest with me right?" he asked again

"Carlos, I promise you, Ben likes you."

[Word Count: 1439]
[Edited: June 8th, 2020]