02

Jay's p

Jay's p.o.v

Carlos and I closed the door and stared in aw at our room. It was big and clean, something that you don't really see on the Isle. Carlos ran around the room expressing his enthusiasm, can't blame the little guy.

"Woah, Woah, Woah! This place is amazing!" Carlos was thrilled, you don't get stuff like this on the Isle either. Two nice clean beds, a tv, and video games. Is this what growing up in Auradon was like? 

"I call this bed!" Carlos jumped on the bed he had claimed. I smirked and jumped on top of him. "You wish, this one's mine!" We began to fight, play fight as I would never really hurt him on purpose. We stopped after a while as we were out of breath, and Carlos thought we would break the bed.

I laughed as I went to my side of the room and took it all in, sucks we have to say goodbye to such a luxurious life once we steal Fairy Godmothers' wand.

"I wish life was like this on the isle, then I wouldn't want to leave it." Carlos spoke up. "Yeah, but you'd still be with your mom." He looked down and let out a small "you're right."

"Hey did you notice how the princess was like staring at Evie, a lot." Carlos spoke up once more. "Yeah, did you see her face when we stepped out of the car. She seemed so lost in her thoughts." I laughed. "And the prince, he doesn't seem so into his girlfriend. What was her name? Audrey, right?" She was cute, but annoying.

"I think you mean princess Audrey," Carlos joked. "How would I forget, it's not like she didn't mention it every single minute." I laughed, he was right. She really wants to rub it in our face doesn't she?

"Do you think prince Ben is...?" Carlos began and looked at me to see if I understood what he was getting at. "Yeah either he is or his sister is," I answered honestly. "Takes one to know one." I added tossing a pillow at Carlos.

"Do you think that's okay here? Like they won't send you back to the Isle if we're gay right?" He asked. "I hope not, I mean everyone here is supposed to be super nice. I doubt they're capable of doing that to their own people." I went over to him and placed my hand on his shoulder. "They-" he cut me off before I could even begin.

"We're not their people." He got up quickly as Mal and Evie entered our dorm.

"Woah this looks better than ours," Mal said as she closed the door and looked around. "Ours is all girly and ugly."

"Sorry, did we interrupt something boys?" Evie asked, she must've noticed how quick Carlos was to get up and move away from me.

"It wouldn't be the first time." Mal chuckled to herself as she looked over at us. "No, we were just talking." I explained before going back to my bed. "Right, 'just talking'." "Mal." Evie used her voice that said 'drop it'.

I know what Mal meant, she and Evie had walked in on Carlos and I doing stuff one or twice back on the Isle. It was nothing really, just two friends who were curious and lonely. That's in the past, we're in Auradon now surrounded by new people. People who might be like us.

Carlos began to play some video game and I began to clean out my pockets. They had what Fairy Godmother didn't see me take from the limo, and what I could get from our small tour.

"Jay, what are you doing?" Mal asked as she was suddenly behind me. "It's called stealing," I replied with snark. "Okay, what's the point?" She asked.

"Well my dear, it's like buying whatever I want, except it's free." I smirked but of course she always had a have a better response to whatever we said.

"Okay, so you could do that or you could leave this all here and come back for it when we take over the world." she explained and I rolled my eyes. This stuff might not be here when we come back.

"You sound just like your mom." Evie said from behind. "Thank you." Mal replied, although I wouldn't really think of that as a compliment.

"You do it your way, and I'll do it mine." I walked past her. "Die suckers!" Carlos yelled from where he stood as he played some video game. "Jay come check this thing out, it's awesome man!" He passed me the remote controls? I don't really know what they are considering we didn't have these types of games on the Isle. We had whatever these Auradonians threw away, still don't know how we ended up with some of their trash.

I got the hang of it quite easy really fast, one of my many gifts.

"Guys! Do I have to remind you what we're all here for?" Mal tried getting our attention, can't she let us enjoy ourselves for one minute?

"Fairy Godmother, blah blah blah. Magic wand, blah blah blah." I answered not shifting my focus from the tv, which earned me laughs from Carlos and Evie.

"This is our one chance to prove ourselves to our parents," Mal now sounded pissed off. We all froze and finally turned to look at her. "to prove that we are evil, and vicious, and ruthless, and cruel. Yeah?" She was looking at us, like how her mother looked at her. We all responded with a 'yeah' and the mood of the room went down to serious.

"Evie, mirror me." Mal sat down and motioned Evie to follow her. We all surrounded the table and Evie took out her mirror.

"Mirror mirror on the- my hand, where is Fairy Godmothers wand... stand?" I chuckled at her small mistake.

"There it is!"
"Zoom out!"

Evie brought her mirror closer to her and whispered, "mirror mirror, not so close." To which the mirror responded by zooming out too much, and by that I mean it zoomed out into space. Who knew mirrors were such bitches?

"Closer, closer," Evie spoke to it again. I looked at Carlos who was on the computer typing away, I didn't even notice we had computers. Does this mean we have wifi too? "closer." Evie said once more, sounding done with the mirror each time. "Can I go back to my game? I'm on level three." Carlos asked, which he really didn't need permission to do.

"Stop!" I quickly said before Evie's mirror got any closer. "It's in a museum! Do we know where that is?" Mal asked to which Carlos replied. "2.3 miles from here!" Way to go De Vil.

Mal got up and headed to the door, she turned and gestured us to follow her. I guess we're doing this tonight then. Goodbye luxurious room, it was fun while it lasted.

[Word Count: 1184]
[May 23rd, 2020]