21

(two updates cause i felt like the last one was too short)

"ben, we are very proud of you." mother said to ben. this is ben's day and i'm not going to ruin it by crying. "thanks mom." ben said to mother.

"you're gonna make a fine king." father said. what do i say that hasn't been said already?

"dude you're gonna kill it." i said hugging ben. "that's no way to talk to your king." ben joked. we both laughed as we separated. this was going to happen, he was going to be crowned king. good for you bro.

my parents were walked to our spot while mal and i were walked to ours. ben was going to walk down the isle like as if it was a wedding.

soon we were in our spots. i stood next to mal as only the king and queen sat near the wand. the doors opened and ben walked in. we all bowed to our future king as he walked down the isle.

fairy godmother went to retrieve her wand and my fathers crown. she bowed to my parents before father bowed so she could get the crown. she went to place the crown on ben's head. i could feel my breathing get heavy.

father then lifted the case so mother could grab the wand and hand it over to fairy godmother. it was quite, no one spoke. the only ones making noise were the choir kids.

"do you solemnly swear to govern the people of auradon with justice and mercy as king as you shall reign?" fairy godmother asked ben. ben didn't answer right away, he was hesitating. why?

"i-i-i don't." he finally said. i, along with everyone in the room, were of . "excuse me?" fairy godmother asked shocked.

ben stood up and took off the crown. mother looked ready to pass out and father was confused and angry, well those are his default reactions to almost everything.

"i'm not ready to be king, i doubt i'll ever be ready to be king. i don't deserve this, i won't be a great king. but," ben looked over at me. oh my god am i being pranked? is someone going to pop out with a camera? "i know someone who's ready to be your queen, someone who actually deserves it." ben walked over to me and grabbed my hand. "my sister, bella florian," he walked me over to the center. someone pinch me, is this some type of fever dream?

"she is the queen you deserve!" ben turned to look at my father. "she is your queen." he said making direct eye with him. father looked over at mother. "if this is what you really think is right, then she is our queen." ben looked at me and smiled. "you're going to kill it dude." he whispered. hey now, i don't believe this. my parents are just okay with this? what is this, fairytale land? where we all get our dreams to come true?

i felt like crying. if i started crying no one could stop me but i mustn't cry. not in front of so many people.

ben gave fairy godmother the crown back, which she then placed on my head. "while i know this isn't the right crown, let's continue shall we?"

i got down on one knee as i waited. this was actually happening. holy fuck. holy motherfrickingshirtballsthisishappening.

"do you solemnly swear to govern the people of auradon with justice and mercy as king as you shall reign?" fairy godmother asked me. this is it.

"i do solemnly swear."

"then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new queen." i heard everyone gasp, including fairy godmother. i looked up to see what had happened. did i do something? she didn't have her wand anymore. i looked over, only to see that jane had taken it from her.

she was struggling to keep it under control, it was too much power for someone with so little power. a beam of magic left the wand and through a window, no one could guess where it must've hit.

"child what are you doing?" fairy godmother went towards jane but backed off as jane pointed the wand at her. okay now what the actual fuck.

"if you won't make me beautiful, then i'll do it myself!" she waved around the wand trying to use the magic on herself but failed. rather she was trashing around as the wand pointed at everyone.

mal was the only one to step in. she got behind jane and took the wand from her. jane ran away from mal and no one moved. she faced father and mother.

ben was quick to stand in between her and our parents.

"mal, give me the wand." he told her but she didn't listen "stand back!" she said. just then the rest of the vk's came running through the doors ben had entered through. "it's okay." ben said reaching for the wand. "i said stand back!" she yelled.

"i told you so!" audrey said stepping towards mal. she pointed the wand at her which quickly made audrey coward back. "let's go." carlos whispered to mal. "revenge time." jay whispered after carlos. what did they mean revenge time? i looked at evie, where they pretending this whole time? was our friendship just a lie? did i mean nothing to evie?

"you really wanna do this?" ben asked mal not stepping back. "we have no choice ben." i looked at mal, but they did? they're safe from their parents here.

"our parents-" mal began but i cut her off.

"your parents made their choice, now you make yours." i tried my best for my voice not to crack, i didn't want to lose them, not evie or jay or carlos or mal. "i think i want to be good." mal said as she looked at our parents. she hesitated a bit but she seemed sure.

"you are good." ben reminded mal. "how do you know that?" she asked, her eyes had tear, she looked broken. "i'm listening to my heart." ben said.

"i want to listen to my heart too, and my heart is telling me we are not our parents." mal turned to look at her friends. "i mean stealing things doesn't make you happy, tourney and victory pizza with the team makes you happy." mal said to jay. he smiled and agreed with her.

"and you, scratching dude's belly makes you happy. who would've thought?" mal was now looking at carlos. then she turned to evie.

"and evie, you do not have to play dumb to get a guy. you are so smart. and i don't want to take over the world with evil, it doesn't make me happy. i want to go to school, and be here with you guys." they were all crying now.

"because being here makes me really happy, and it took me so long to realize that and i'm sorry. i choose good, you guys." she stuck her hand out in a fist to the others. "i choose good." jay and evie said putting their hands together in fists.

"just to be clear, we don't have to be worried about how really mad our parents will be? because they're gonna be really, really mad." carlos said causing them to laugh.

"your parents can't reach you here." ben and i say in union. carlos looked at ben, woah ship it, and smiled. "okay then, good." carlos said adding his first for the group.

mal and evie turned to look at ben and i. both gestured us to join them. "thank you two, for everything." mal said. ben and i added our first to the group and smiled. that means they were here to stay, evie was here to say. carlos was here to stay, i'm sure that made ben happy.

everything felt normal and peaceful but it didn't stay like that for long. there was an explosion. the people irrupted into screaming and gasping. a green smoke had made its way in and soon that green smoke became a person. it was, maleficent?!

"i'm back!!" she yelled in a sing-song type of way.