37

evie's p

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

evie's p.o.v

"stay low and don't look suspicious, just follow me. evie, can't wait for tonight. see ya guys!" bella kissed my cheek before leaving, well running away, with the new vk's close behind her.

"we need to talk." i said to mal as i grabbed her arm. 'yeah' she mumbled as we began to walk away. we were stopped before we could even leave.

"no." said carlos from behind us. "no?" i asked, what's his deal? "you guys are always going off in a huddle. whispering your girl talk stuff or whatever, and jay and i are tired of it." carlos explained, "i'm not." jay cut in, but carlos ignored that.

"we're your family too. we've been through a lot together. we're not stopping that now, okay? everyone sit." he sat down waiting for us to do so too. a few awkward seconds passed before we all sat down in a small circle facing each other.

"i don't know how to start girl talk." carlos admitted awkwardly. i don't blame him, he is a guy after all. guys are so awkward.

"um, well, i'm a mess. i'm such a mess. i mean, six months ago i was, you know, stealing candy from a babies and now everyone excepts me to move on from that and be this perfect auradon girl. i tried but i have no idea how to keep up the act." mal's voice began to break as she told us how she felt. i felt bad as i was the one that kept insisting we were both auradon girls now, i'm here best friend. i should know when my best friend needs me the most but i've been to distracted with other things that i couldn't be there for her.

"then don't." carlos said. he was right though, if mal doesn't want to be this perfect auradon girl then she shouldn't. she shouldn't be stealing candy from babies either but there's no harm in being a little wicked from time to time.

"see? this was dumb." jay said about to get up. "maybe it wasn't," i said looking at him. he slowly sat back down, good boy.

"we're always gonna be the kids from the isle." i took mal's hand in mine. "i tried to forget it. i really tried, but those are our roots. and we all did what we had to do to survive. but it made us who we are. and we're never gonna be like anybody else here. and that's okay. that's okay." i squeezed mal's hand, hoping she took my words into account.

"and we can't fake it." carlos added. "no."

"yeah. i mean, especially without my spell book." mal said. "mal, if the people in auradon can't love the real you, then they don't deserve you." carlos told mal. "i like that." i hugged mal, i feel horrible for not being as much of a good friend as i thought of myself to be.

we all stood up to leave, while mal was still sitting. "if you're up for the cotillion tonight, your dress will be waiting." i whispered to her before the boys and i left. i had money to collect and dresses to deliver. i hope mal is up for this.

-

i was looking at the dresses i had to deliver when there was a knock on my door. whoever was knocking seemed to be in a hurry, "come in!" i said not looking away from what i was doing.

"i have a scout badge in s'mores! how could you go camping without me?" the voice asked. oh it was doug. i turned around to face him, what was he going on about? "what?"

"are you seeing someone? are you?" he asked. okay maybe it was time to tell him about bella and i, but maybe bella should be here with me to tell him. or would that hurt him even more?

"is it happy's son? because let me tell you, he is not as happy as his dad. kind of a dark streak, in fact." happy has a kid? how have i never seen any other kid who's dad was one of snow whites seven dwarfs?

"doug, ben was captured on the isle. we rescued ben and saved auradon." i told him to calm him down about the camping without him part. "so you're not seeing happy's son or anyone else?" he asked. i reached down and grabbed his hands.

"yes, doug i'm sorry we kept it a secret for so long. it's time to tell you, bella and i are dating. we should've told you earlier but we were scared. plus no one else knows other than the vk's and ben." please don't be upset, please don't be upset.

"oh, so you're a lesbian? well in that case i'm sorry for always trying to get at you. you could've just said that if you weren't ready to tell me about you and bella." oh thank god, i don't see why bella and i were worried about telling him, he's taking it pretty easy.

"well then, now that that's over and done with, we have dresses to deliver. it is cotillion day after all. and you know what?" i let go of his hands and walked over to my bag taking out one of the many accessories dizzy had given me. "i was lucky enough to have been given a chance, and now i need to give someone else a chance, too." dizzy was going to have her moment when i showed off her designs at the red carpet. yes a red carpet, still can't believe they have one for a cotillion.

"my uncle bashful used to say that," doug said as he grabbed the rack of dresses. "did he?" i went to grab the other end of the rack, time to collect my cash. "yeah, but really quietly." i laughed as we got ready to leave the room.

"let's do this."