15

Ben's p

Ben's p.o.v

I picked up Mal for our date and we were walking towards my bike, which will take us to our date because I don't have a car, even if I did I still don't have a license. It was a long ride to where I was taking us and it felt nice having the breeze hit your face as you drove. Mal tightened her grip around my stomach, something about it felt off but I ignored it. I was with the girl I loved, right?

Soon we got off my bike and began our long walk through the forest. First, we had to pass a bridge, it was quite scary as it was long and really high above the ground. I'm not sure what mother nature had in mind when creating such a large gap between one side of the forest t the other, but I know she had to be pissed to do it.

"Tell me something about yourself that you've never told anyone else," I said as we walked, nothing sets the mood than some questions to get to know each other. "Um... my middle name is Bertha," She said and I couldn't help but laugh. What kind of villain gives their child 'Bertha' as a middle name? I was expecting something scarier I guess. 

"Just my mom doing what she does best, being really, really, evil. Mal bertha." She laughed as we stopped in the middle of the bridge and looked down. "Mines Florian." "Florian? How princely." She teased, well it's not really a middle name, but rarely does anyone address me with it that it feels like a middle name. Most people address us as the 'Beast' family, and we never bothered correcting people.

We continued to talk as we kept walking across. "Oh, that's almost worse." Mal laughed. "I mean you know, it's better than Bertha," I replied.

Once we crossed the bridge, I helped her down a path as I had asked her to close her eyes, it was a surprise. "You ready?" I asked and she nodded in response. "Open," I whispered, she opened her eyes and saw the picnic I had set up on a beautiful spot right by the Enchanted Lake. Beautiful scenery, I know. 

We walked down to it and sat down. Soon we were eating and enjoying the view. Still, I couldn't shake the thought that something was off. Something didn't feel right.

"Is this your first time?" I asked, wait that sounded wrong. "Uh, we don't really date much on the island. It's more like...gang activity," She explained. Gang activity? I don't even what to ask that 'activities' they got up to, hopefully fighting or stealing was all they did.

"I meant, is this your first time eating a jelly donut." I clarified laughing. "Is it bad?" She asked. i handed her a napkin and pointed at her lips, which were covered in powder.

"You can't take me anywhere I guess."

 "You know, I've done all the talking, it's your turn. I don't really know much about you," I feel like I've been ignoring the vk's, I mean my sister was able to spend more time with them than me.

"Well, I'm 16. I'm an only child and I've only ever lived in one place." I'm sure there's more to her though. "Hey me too, we have so much in common already." I joked, and she laughed before she shook her head.