A Conspiracy Mess of Playing God

A story about a sarcastic detective-scientist, Tari Kona, who ends up stumbling into a huge case after seeing a flower whose roots went up instead of down. He teams up with two other scientists (see A Shocking Discovery in Requested Stories) to find out more. 

Once he teams up with the scientists, they go undercover in one of the world's top research facilities to find out how it came to be.

Then, they learn that the plant was a result of evolution from crawler plants and normal flowers with magnetic fields around it, made by the research facility they were in.

Upon knowing that their secret had been found, they were captured, but manage to escape.

A race against time begins; the trio versus the scientists. But they manage to get to the plant first and bring it to the cops, giving them evidence of the center's wrongdoings.

A decade later, the center has been abolished and the scientists arrested.

But one day, a female detective, Grace Thyeiwe, stumbles into the ruins and finds a cage filled with sleeping animal-like creatures, letting them go by accident. 

Thus, hybrids, born from the facility and not knowing anything about the world, started roaming rampant. 

No one knew about them, though. 

Only one person knew. 

The girl who released them. 

Once she stumbled across one of them killing a human, she realises the truth and swears to befriend them all so she can stop this mess. 

Thus began her mission to stop the hybrids behind the murders of humans before it's too late.