Deja Vu (Anniversary Oneshot)

XenoSaiyan Thanks for being in my life and helping me sort out the **** in my life. Here's the oneshot I promised! 

"They're being loud again, huh?" The person who bought me pats the little girl. "It's okay. I got you a little present."

"Pwesent?" The child stares at me, eyes wide in excitement. "Doll?"

"A PokeDoll. You can use it in the wild to escape Pokemon fights," he explains. Rude! I don't want to lose my life to a Pokemon, thank you very much! 

But the little girl seems worried too. "No hurt?"

"They don't really feel the hurt, Sophia," the man says. "They're just dolls."

"No! They have feel!" She argues. 

Thank you! If I could talk and move this accursed body, I would hug you tight, Sophia! 

Seeming to give up, he pats her head again. "Alright, alright. You win this round. So, what's going to be the name of this little one?"

Bright eyes look at me, and I wonder what name I'll get. Maybe it'll be something cool! Or something bad! Ahhhh, I want a good name! Please give me a good name!

"Fuwa!" she finally says. 

Fuwa?

"Fluffy!" She says with the brightest smile, and I feel my heart clench a bit. Love is starting to seep out. This little one... I must protect that smile! I can't let it disappear! 

The noises of the shouting from downstairs increase, making the other one there flinch. Not as enthusiastic as the rest, but oh well. That's fine. I am now Fuwa! 

She stares at me with happy eyes, and I think to myself, Better than rotting on the shelves, really. Plus, Sofi is cute! 

"Promise, get gift for you for birthday too!" Sophia says with a firm tone. One that makes more sense in an older human. Her brother laughs in response before patting her on the head. "Can't wait for it, Sophia!" Even the other one (Parris, I would come to know him as, and Caleb, the guy who bought me.) cracks a smile at that.

Even if it doesn't show on my face outwardly, I grin. I can already tell this is going to be fun!

The time we spend together is fun. Everyday, I feel myself grow. Not physically, of course, that's silly! I'm still a doll! No, I feel myself learning more and more about the world! Every day is so much fun, like the world just revolves around the two of us! 

....

Of course, all good things come to an end. Of course, I will be thrown away once she's older, once she stops thinking of me as sentient. Even if I cry out loud that I do have feelings, she can't hear me...

(I never got to see her cry when her parents tried to explain why they had thrown me out. Never heard the endless nights of tears, but... somewhere I knew it wasn't her fault.)

Rain falls, pitter patter, onto the asphalt ground as my body remains stiff. Beady black eyes stare at the cloudy sky. 

... A tear falls down onto the ground from my eyes. 

From MY eyes, I feel the warmth-

How long had I been there? How long had I been staring so aimlessly I hadn't noticed the changes in my body? How could I not feel my soul changing my body until a new Pokemon formed from the old body, absorbing it to become visible to all?

Staring at the broken mirror's reflection, I can only say, "WHAT THE F-" 

It comes out in beep-like noises. As if there is something interfering with my words. 

Does it really matter? I ask myself, but soon decide, yes, it DOES matter. I am not a doll anymore, I can do what I want! Surely that's fine!

Well until I meet her again at least. 

I find her times later. (How long has it been, really, since I've last seen her?  She's grown taller. She looks... sadder, more jaded...) The battle against her Turtwig is hard, and she still pulls a final attack that I don't expect, and the world goes black.

"Huh..." Sophia frowns, staring at the knocked-out Ghost Pokemon. 

"Wig wig!" her Turtwig is confused as well. It isn't shrinking away or phasing through the ground... It's still knocked out, yet- AH! He doesn't know either way. Brain work is hard for him anyway!

"I don't know if I should actually touch it. It'll probably be fine, it's been in the wild this long, it knows what it's doing," she says. Something about it is familiar to her, but... why?

The Turtwig gives a nonchalant shrug, and she smiles a bit. "Well, either way, it'll be fine. Let's continue on!"

"Turt!" The Pokemon cheered. 

As the two pass me by, I smile to myself. Blue orbs with yellow pupils watch them. 

I will always protect you, Sofi... No matter what. That is my swear forevermore.