SSV-mas Day 18: Lost at Sea (Shugazoom's Protectors)

Revelations lead to reevaluating bonds, how will these friends work around it?

OTTO: Oh, so we're in trouble. Like, really bad trouble.

CHIRO: *facepalms as he depowers* Yeah, basically. *the group had been off on a beach day when a monster attack happened, they fought back but got knocked onto a boat, they hadn't brought their jetpacks or theso...* I can't reach the others, so we're on our own until we find our way back. 

OTTO: Ahhh, okay then. *plops onto the floor as the boat rocks* It's been a while since it's just the two of us, you know. 

CHIRO: *smiles a bit* Yeah, you do have a point. *looks up to the sky and the stars twinkling above* It feels so serene, I can hear the ocean waves too, which is surprising. 

OTTO: I mean, we're on Unifixein right now, so that's to be expected. I just hope Schrik doesn't kill us! 

CHIRO: *thinks about his brother, shudders* I sincerely hope not for the others' sake. 

OTTO: *laughs* That's a thought! Imagine if Antauri is scared of him!

****

SCHRIK: *looming over them with dark eyes* So, pray tell me. What do you expect me to do with my baby brother out there? *oh, nothing scary, he's only TWICE their height! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO FEAR!*

HYPERFORCE: *gulp, even Antauri and Gibson have sweat going down their foreheads*

CYAN: *munching on popcorn* Fun show. 

MATT: We shouldn't be encouraging him to try to kill people.

HELEN: If he wanted to kill people he would have done it a LONG TIME AGO. That's just not how he rolls. He just stares into your soul until you feel horrified and terrified. 

FOSTER: .... Dang it, woman, you remind me why I stay five feet away from other guys some days. 

HELEN: Oh, that fear is actually from evolution. It's innate. 

*****

CHIRO: *snorts* Schrik isn't that scary.

OTTO: He and MK treat you like their baby brother, of course they're not that scary. If anyone hurts you, though... *can already imagine their faces, shudders* They're scary, Chiro

CHIRO: *smiles* I'm sure they won't hurt you. They know how much I care about you guys.

OTTO: *laughs* Aww, thanks Chiro! 

CHIRO: *grins* No problem! 

*...*

OTTO: *pauses* Hey, Chiro... 

CHIRO: Yeah?

OTTO: What... What was it like for you, before you met us? Like, when you were sent to Shugazoom? And... *hesitant* When were you...

CHIRO: *sad smile* When I was going to tell you? Probably after we beat Skeleton King. *looks up to the sky* Or maybe never. I know that Gibson and Antauri had their suspicions already from my mind and the toys in his base, not to mention my slip-ups when we were starting off, but I would have liked it if you never found out about that part of my past... 

OTTO: Chiro...

CHIRO: As for after I was sent to Shugazoom? Before I found the Robot? Miserable. I didn't know anyone. It's how I started playing video games. For most of the time when I wasn't reporting back to Skeleton King, I was... wasting away, lack for a better word. *sighs* Even then...

OTTO: Even then?

CHIRO: .... Will you guys get mad at me if I admit this to you?

OTTO: Huh? *looks at him*

CHIRO: *looks genuinely scared* Will you hate me even if I admit something horrifying?

OTTO: Chiro, you're no longer that person who worked for him. I don't know how you were back then, but whatever façade you had up, your true self still shone through. *smiles*

CHIRO: *smiles slightly* Thanks. *sighs, looks up* Okay, I... I have to admit something then.

OTTO: Yeah?

CHIRO: Even when I was starting off as the leader, I was still... I was still under Skeleton King, helping him by sabotaging some of our missions.... 

OTTO: *record scratch, squawk* WHAT?!

CHIRO: *looks down* I know. I could have cut off my ties with him, but I hadn't... So our first missions weren't failures cause our team wasn't good at working together, it was my fault alone. It took me time to break away from his control and finally cut off contact, but... *closes his eyes* Back then, I still questioned if it was the right decision. Even when I faced my fears, one line that he had told me after I told him I wasn't going to be his puppet anymore still remained with me. Wherever there is fear, you'll find me, boy. Still haunts me. *sighs*

OTTO: *looks at him, concerned* Do you still regret it now?

CHIRO: *looks at him back, smiles* No. I don't. Not at all. 

OTTO: *wide grin* Then it shows how much you've grown! I'm glad you're no longer under him!

CHIRO: *grins back as the other monkeys show up* Yeah, me too. Though...

OTTO: *smiles* It's between the two of us, don't worry. Tell them when you're ready.

CHIRO: Got it. Thanks, Otto. Really.

OTTO: Don't sweat it. *waves hands* HEYYYY, OVER HERE!!!!!!

venusaura Have cute Chiro and Otto interactions!