SSV-mas Day 28: Snowy Mountain (Endless Adventures)

A hill blanketed in snow, kilometers above the ground, what is the truth hidden under the celestial realm?

FRAN: *Shivers* C-Cold...

LEO: I get it, I really do, but we need to get a move on. *sighs*

SHISHOU: Do you have an internal heating system or something?

LEO: Magic keeps me warm. You should try it too, Fran.

FRAN: I-I can try! *nods*

LEO: *smiles, begins scaling the mountain* We don't have much time, though. This could be very important.

SHISHOU: What's the matter, Leo? you've been on edge since the reveal of Chiro and Schrik being siblings.

LEO: The reaper of souls is an insane ******* who will do anything to destroy this multiverse, yes, but the Soul Tumour... No, it's called soul CANCER, to be exact. I... I've seen it before. It's not exclusive to Unifixein and stuff. When the MT people told us about the Fragmented Codes, it told me that there's more to the story than it just being his curiosity. Heck, it feels like he's not even a Dark One. No, something must be motivating him. Whatever it is, the answer is on the same mountain where I almost died. Would have died, actually. 

FRAN: *finally found the spell to use* *curious* What's so special about this mountain?

LEO: it's what one could call the "closest place to the celestial realm". *air quotes* From what I know, it has a lot of magic you can pull in. I chose this place for our fight cause it would help bring out their potential to the max. But it was in this very same place...

FRAN: Leo?

LEO: this is where the person who got hit by the first Soul Tumor, like the one Schrik and Chiro have, finally succumbed to the curse. It's not like the Anomalice, for sure. This is what happens when you force growth upon others. Your souls grow too much, and sooner or later, you become... you become a monster in anything but the actual appearance. 

SHISHOU: w-what is that supposed to mean?

LEO: you become a psychopath. A beast who kills others for sport, one who hides behind a charismatic smile. Your heart, echoing in the darkness, forever engulfed. You lose... EVERYTHING that makes you you. 

FRAN: S-So Chiro and Schrik...

LEO: Schrik's in deeper **** than Chiro, surprisingly, though I wouldn't be surprised if Chiro was acting cruel before he found the Super Robot. You saw how their parents were when we fought against them at Cho-Taiyo. Even Mavis apparently couldn't use their tapes. Even for Archangels this is not normal. They acted on their own. I... have never heard what happens to them after death, but I wish I never had to. *grim*

SHISHOU: and why have you not told them this yet? 

LEO: If I were to tell them, what do you think would happen? Chiro would panic. Schrik would probably get scared himself. *closes eyes* I don't know what happened to their parents before they died, but their wails tell me everything. They suffered heavily before they died, and it was brutal. Very. Very brutal. I need to figure out if there's a way to stop this thing before it kills them and turns them into... into villains, most probably.

FRAN: *gulps* Oh...

LEO: *they arrive at the top* Let's hope that we can find something. I need to know the truth about the Mayor, no, Yang Wang. And who he has backing his every move. *heads towards a cave nearby* Come on, Fran. Time to find a way to save our friends.

FRAN: R-Right! *follows him in, the cave has a lot of writings in ancient language* Wow...

LEO: Let's get searching! 

*****

LEO: Where, where, where... *frantic, runs around the cave* Come on, come on, come on! *reads the writings* Come on! There HAS TO BE SOMETHING! *desperate* 

SHISHOU: Leo... "He sounds so scared..."

LEO: I can't lose anyone else. I won't. I've seen too many people die over the centuries...! *keeps reading, nearly punches a pillar* Damn it! Where is it?!

FRAN: *frowns, but notices a drawing nearby of what seems to be...* Leo! Over there! 

LEO: Huh? *looks over, eyes widen* Fran, you found it! That's Yang Wang! And... *pales* wait what...?

SHISHOU: this is..! 

LEO: Four... others...? *the wall shows him surrounded by four beasts* And they look like... 

FRAN: Cassette Beasts...? *there are cassette player drawings all over the corners* 

LEO: What does this mean? *reads the writing on the wall* 'Ruin the unseen part of a mortal, fulfill the prophecy, call forth the Dark Ones from underneath Unifixein....!' OH ****ING ****! YANG WANG IS THE DARK ONE FOR MODERN OLD TWIST, AND THOSE FOUR...! 

SHISHOU: They must be Unifixein's Dark Ones... And considering that Schrik and Chiro came from there...

LEO: *gulps* It's very possible. 

FRAN: H-Huh?

LEO: It's very possible... that Schrik and Chiro's parents' deaths led to the release of the Dark Ones, but they were sent to New Wirral as a result with them...