Is Hope Truly Lost in the Hopeless Mutual Killing Game AU?

AU Bio;

An AU where Naegi never went to the DR world to help them against Junko and stayed in Sakura New Town with his friends. Consequently, the Killing Game goes on and eventually leads to the death and despair of all its participants. On the other hand, Naegi is unaware but his past soon catches up with him as the ghosts of the people who died haunt him. During this time, he, Keita, and Shinsuke meet Hana, Duri, and their dad Do-un. Naegi is his first name in this world.

Pairings:

Duri x Keita, Shinsuke x Hana x Naegi, Past Doun x Soyoung

Characters: 

1. Makoto Naegi

A member of the Robin Hood-like group called the Night Maskers, Naegi is a really unlucky guy most of the time. He's nearly died a good amount of times already, truth be told, but this is countered by his optimistic beliefs and trust in second chances and redemptions. His partner is Sneakinslice (looks like a Sneasel), a super-fast Youkai, and he's been a Youkai Acknowledger with Shinsuke before meeting Keita. 

2. Amano Keita

The one who brought up the idea of being a Night Masker in the first place, Keita joined his school in 4th grade following his time in an alternate dimension called Magix. Keita befriends Shinsuke and Naegi after discovering Youkai, and he's been happy to know them, especially following Ken leaving. They continue their work though, and manage to fight off Ubaune when she attacks together with Shirou when he shows up, eventually meeting his older self upon returning. His partners are Whisper and Jibanyan, and he can make various potions. He may look average, but he's actually very kind despite having various triggers. 

3. Nishizono Shinsuke

Another member of the Night Maskers, Shinsuke has been friends with Naegi before Keita came along. His old partner, Tengu, had left him, although the two never divulge this story after meeting Keita. It's only when Junko attacks them that the story comes out; he had been a horrible and manipulative partner and hurt Shinsuke. He doesn't go to Raimon either, and stays with the group. He's excitable and loves soccer. He can even make his own hissatsus which are vastly different from the ones his canon self has. 

4. Cha Hana

He's a new transfer to Sakura New Town Elementary with his twin, and Hana meets the trio through that. Hana is calm and seemingly the kinder of the two, but the truth is Hana is much more selfish in that he doesn't care for his twin's depression and ignores the signs while getting help when he knows Duri is suffering much more. His mask of friendliness breaks the more he spends time with the Night Maskers, though, and he is even an antagonist with Ken for a while but soon returns and goes to rehab and becomes a better person. His partner is a Digital Youkai (Youkai-Appmon), Timemon/Daidarabocchi. 

5. Cha Duri

He is Hana's twin brother. At first glance, Duri seems to be the selfish one of the duo, but his inner kindness soon shows itself bit by bit the more he spends time with the trio, more specifically Keita who can see how kind he truly is. This in turn exposes Hana as the selfish one of the two, while Doun is ousted as the emotionally neglectful father. Duri of course has his own faults, mainly in his HUGE self-doubt and the toxic mindset he had grown up with due to trauma. However, with therapy, he grows as a person and can finally break free from the mask he had put on for years. His partner is a Digital Youkai, Sleepmon/Meramelion.

6. Cha Do-un

He is Hana and Duri's dad who moved from their home in Daedo, Korea following a mysterious power surge from Sakura New Town. He seems like a good parent to Hana and Duri at first, but as the layers of their trauma begin unraveling, Doun's shown to be a horrible parent who neglects his children and refuses to admit his own flaws. However, once he realises this, Doun becomes more understanding and regretful. His partner is a Digital Youkai, Mailmon/Togenyan.

7. Ichijouji Ken

He was the final member of the Night Maskers, but he left after the Dark Spore took over his mind. Ken does end up coming back during his tenure as the Digimon Kaiser, now as the Masked Emperor who planned to take over the Youkai World, after the Ubaune mess. Hana joins him willingly with the promise of being able to pay Doun and Duri back for all the pain they've caused him following the reveal that Duri was depressed, yet in the end, he comes to realise that he was in the wrong and goes through rehab with Hana. His partners are Yuray and Lasagnyan (from a FFNet story). 

8. Enoshima Junko

Crazy and insane, Enoshima Junko caused the Tragedy in her world and moved onto Naegi's world to make him suffer as well, considering that he was supposed to be a part of the Killing Game she had set up. How she found out about that is still a mystery, though. Junko is now opposing them, set on making his world hers too. She's crazy, sadistic, and downright insane, but also seems to have a soft spot for Matsuda Yasuke, her childhood friend.