Outfoxed (KR Geats AU Oneshot)

You should have known.

When you first met that young man, so bright and full of hope, you found yourself laughing. He was such a naïve child. In your years of experience, never had you seen such a fool in your life! Why the DGP decided to invite him in after you met him in the Daybreak Prix, as you called it in your head, was beyond you!

Maybe he had gotten lucky, sure, but that was all! He was just giving away all his Buckles and that worked just fine for you. If it helped you find her then you would trick and trick, never letting up. Never letting a crack slip through.

But sometimes it did crack. You told Na-Go about your reason for all of this. To find Mitsume, your mom.

You look at your gold coin at times, thinking about family. About purpose.

Why did she leave you? That one thought, once it entered, could never leave your mind for an entire day, sometimes nearly costing you the game. Hints managed to pull you back into the DGP, though. Centuries of living truly paid off.

But... In that small timespan, you failed to notice something.

It was obvious, in hindsight. When you had been fighting him for that special round during the Stratagem game... He had surprised you with his strategy to get Girori exposed.

After that, he had said that tanukis also had tricks up their sleeves...

You remember a saying.

"The fox has seven disguises; the tanuki has eight," You murmur.

He chuckles. "Oh, so it took you this long to remember?"

Na-Go's eyes are wide. "It was... You after all this time? Even though Daichi, he..."

"Oh, I was genuine about saving the kids in that center," He says. "It just so happened that it sealed the deal to everyone that I wasn't the Dezastar. That and I didn't want to hurt you two. I wanted you guys to be around too when I won."

"You... You've..." You have no words.

How could Tycoon have become such a... Cold hearted.... Person...

He turns to you, and...

He smiles. His usual smile now... Has a different meaning to it.

"You were the one who told me not to be too trusting, remember?"

What...?

Your eyes widen. You back away a bit.

"But now that everything has been brought out to the open..." He sighs, as if... Disappointed. "Aw shucks, I was really hoping that I wouldn't have to make you guys Jyamato."

"You can't. You don't... You don't have the willpower to do that," You manage. A desperate bid. A plea.

But he meets your eyes and...

How have you not seen it before?

The sheer desire, the sheer determination, the....

Lust behind his eyes.

His smile becomes almost feral as Sakurai Keiwa says, "I already have. Look down."

And when you look down, your stomach drops.

How had he...

He sprints for it as the bombs go off, both you and Na-Go hitting the ground and groaning.

Next thing you know, his normal weapon is to your throat.

"Goodbye... Ace, Neon-chan."

What... A fool you were...

In the end... The tanuki turned out to be a vicious wolf underneath...

You were outfoxed and... You may never find the answers you seek.

Viewership:

Tycoon: 79%

Winner:

Tycoon