Reason - Shidge.

HOPE YOU ENJOY

PLEASE VOTE

Shiro sat on a sofa in one of the Atlas break rooms. It was his first time alone all day since when he wasn't talking to the higher up about earth protection or voltron. He had fellow soldiers or strangers just crowding around him since he was once the black paladin and still the leader of the voltron or for being the captain of the Atlas.  He had a beer he might have stolen from the commanders break room fridge and took a sip from the bottle before closing his eyes enjoying the moment of silence. He smiled gently as he felt the sofa dip a little before feeling extra weight on his leg. His robotic arm slowly moved down until it was met with fluffy messy hazel hair. He heard a soft giggle as he ruffle her hair. 

Shiro wouldn't lie, he loved these moments. He loved how pidge would always find him when he was stressed or needed to hide up and just let him ruffle her hair without a care. He loved how he could just feel free while she was around.

No fake smiles.

No acting grown up.

No being the leader of voltron.

No being a paladin.

No being the captain of the Atlas.

No being a soldier.

No being shiro everyone knew.

He could just be himself without care and just relaxed. He didnt know why or how but she did this to him and he loved it. He felt like  child being spoiled when she was around.

She was the reason he could smile.

She was the reason he could face anything.

She was the reason his heart would bump like crazy.

She was the reason he was in love.

She was Katie Holt and he was madly in love with her. 

He slowly opened his eyes as he heard a purr from the cat he knew too well. He looked down to see pidge smiling softly with her head resting on his lap with a black fluffy kitten with bright green eyes cuddle up on her side. Pidge stroked the kitten she and shiro picked up a couple weeks ago before they left earth and named the kitten Starla. Shiro smiled warmly as he watched pidge lazily stroke Starla while he just stroked her hair.

He watched as Starla slowly opened her green eyes and turned to him making him smile at the cute small kitten. 

"apparently someone stole one of Iverson beers, you wouldn't know anything about that would you" Pidge asked with a grin as she glanced to shiro who chuckled.

"now i wonder who would be brave enough to steal Iverson beer" Shiro smirked before taking another sip. 

"yeah, well it seems to have aspire others to try the same but only one was smart enough not to get caught" Pidge smiled cheekily as she raised a beer bottle up.

"now i wonder who the thief's are" Shiro mumbled before the two laughed and took a sip from their bottles. 

"so hard day" Pidge asked with a worried smile and laid on her back before letting Starla snuggle up on her stomach. 

"a little, how did it go with the jets" Shiro replied with a small smile. 

"horrible, those new mechanics wouldn't listen to me at all until Nadia jet blew up injuring one of the mechanics.

"how long till the jet will be working again, i log it in the system later" Shiro sighed. 

"a couple days if the green paladins not needed on to many calls but maybe a week since voltron been busy lately. James is gonna keep the mechanics in line while I'm out being a paladin since i told him what they need to do and left a log of rules/steps to follow while working on the jet. I know he listen to it and make sure they do it right while I'm gone" Pidge replied with a small smile and shiro nodded before they both took another sip of their beers. 

"i heard you had to dear with lance after he had a fight with allura" Shiro asked with worry.

"allura made fun of him in front of a couple other soldiers and lance got embarrassed before making fun of the princess unknown knowledge about earth. The two then started having a yelling fight while me and Keith was happily laying on top of the red lion but lance came running to us since Allura ran to hunk" Pidge explained and shiro gave a small nod. 

"then lets enjoy these beers" Shiro smiled brightly and pidge giggled. 

"i agree becuase we still have to deal with dinner together yet and I'm sure we both gonna wanna hide up one we walk into the dinner room" Pidge grinned and shiro nodded.

"meow" Starla meow and pushed her hand against pidge making the green paladin stroked the kitten. 

Pidge sat up and cuddle closer into shiro side letting his robotic arm slide around her to join the cuddle. They both just sat in pure but calming silence as they finished their beers. Soft smiles sat on both their lips as they just sat cuddle up enjoying every second together. 

"Pidgin" Lance yells could be heard down the halls and tons of footsteps started to head towards them making the two quickly chug down the rest of the beers and placing the empty bottles down beside the side of the sofa away from the doorway to keep them hidden.

"we got a problem, one of the mechanics somehow made the light in Ina jet go from green to red" James frowned as he reached the door with Lance behind him.

"shut lance up before i kill him, he wont stop crying over yelling at allura" Keith growled with his arms crossed as he stood in front of shiro. 

"guess your needed" Shiro smiled slightly and chuckled as pidge groaned. 

"see you at dinner i guess, leave me the corner seat" Pidge smiled as she placed Starla on shiro lap before standing up.

"you got it, just dont kill anyone" Shiro smirked.

"i wont promise anything, i have written a book on how to kill someone on the Atlas and wanted to try the theory out" Pidge grinned making shiro laugh a little while she walked to the door.

"sorry shiro, i didnt know you were with pidge" James mumbled with worry.

"no worries, i better get back to my duties" Shiro smiled and placed Starla on his shoulder before standing.

"Pidgin, i need help with allura .. how should i make up with her without saying sorry" Lance pouted and pulled on pidge arm. 

"so you and pidge" Keith whispered with a smirk as he glanced to shiro who blushed a little.

"dont you have training to do" Shiro grinned back and Keith chuckled.