Chapter {17}

(Jayson's POV; After 2-3 days)

The Kingdom is f*cking huge! It has at least 20 rooms. Torture chambers don't count because the number would increase considerably..

When we got here, Kade had to show me anything and everything in this kingdom, being my counselor and all. The throne room amazed me the most. Everything looked so royal.. I have to admit Abraxas had style.

Purple silk curtains hang in the wall recesses, flanked by marble pillars and a long red carpet leads to a dias at the back of the room where one golden throne stands. But what catches your eye the most, is that huge strained glass window that adorns the wall behind the throne. Absolutely beautiful...

I assumed my role as a King right away, enjoying the power I was given. I met Amanda and Battler, the two most powerful demons after me and Kade. Amanda with her beauty and Battler with his imposing figure, both of them radiate confidence. They torture souls here in hell too and they report me right away if something goes wrong.

We started planning the world's end one day ago. It was a simple thing to do in my opinion. All we have to do is eat all the souls and that's it but no.. Amanda and Battler informed me that several demons question my authority as a leader, hence the won't follow me.

Bastards! They don't realize I can kill them all in a second.. I wanted to do it, but Kade advised me this wasn't a good idea because we need as many demons as we can get. Everyone found out that I brought along Seth, Angelique, Zeke and Caleb. Kade said a good proof for all of them could be me killing them all in front of the demons and .. I agreed. This is not a big deal! After all, this is why I brought them here with me. I can do it..

***

I am standing inside the throne room, my back turned at my wonderful throne. Kade, Amanda and Battler are standing one step behind me. Thirty demons are here too, on both sides of the long red carpet. There are many more who don't believe in me, but I allowed only thirty inside. Those demons will tell the others that I killed Seth, Zeke, Angie and Caleb and there will be no doubt anymore.

''Can you do it my King?'' Amanda asked, her tone betraying her insecurity.

I turned around so I was facing her and grabbed her by the collar fiercely, my eyes going crimson. 'What kind of question is that?'' I growled dangerously. ''Are you doubting your King?''

''Of-Of course not.'' She whispered, nearly choking. ''I am sorry for my insolence..''

''Amanda behave!'' Kade whisper-yelled at her. ''My King, the front door is opening..''

I released her and heard how she sucked in a breath..

I focused my attention forward and saw the two guards bringing Seth, Angie, Zeke and Caleb before me. They all look worn out, barely standing on their feet. The guards trew them on the floor so they're kneeling before me. They looked at me in the eyes. Three of them weren't difficult to read at all because I saw the look of their faces at the ones I slaughtered already.. fear, helplessness,  agony.. They were imploring me with their eyes to free them.

Seth on the other hand.. I can't read one single damn thing, no emotion on his face. His expression is blank. He'll die in five minutes and his expression is f*cking blank! He looks .. confident, arrogant, I can see no fear.. nothing. I could stab him right now and he will still give me nothing. I think my frustration is visible but hell!

I turned to the unfaithful crowd that is standing before me and started to speak, my voice sounding confident.

''Demons that are standing before me now, listen to your King. It has reached my ears that you and many more are questioning me as your leader. You may think I'm not powerful enough, you may think I don't have what it takes to be your King, I don't know.. Whatever your reasons are, I am now standing here before you to prove you once and for all that you are wrong! I'll bring us all the souls on the surface, I'll lead you well because .. I have what it takes to be your King and I'll prove it by killing the ones before me!''